There is a paradox to presenting. If you truly understand the material, you don't need a canned presentation. It actually ties your hands. Take a walk on the wild side. Present your ideas without the net. Try Screen Talk.
Screen Talk is actively developed and used by a professional trainer for his own daily use. The interface has been tuned to be fast, efficient and to stay out of the way, to let you focus on what's most important :- communicating with your audience.
- Clean, elegant interface (WYSIWYG with minimal chrome
- On screen annotations (including whiteboard mode)
- Select/move/scale/rotate/combine/duplicate, even save annotations
- Supports Apple Pencil for presenting, annotating and erasing
- Supports Apple Magic Keyboard trackpad as well as bluetooth mice
- Recognizes (and cleans up) basic shapes as you draw onscreen
- On screen animations (Yes! from a static PDF!)
- Reveal mode for line-by-line exposition of text or tables
- Simple out-of-order slide navigation
- Dropbox support to easily import/export presentations and support files in almost any format
- Easy import from apps like mail and many others as well
- Full support of embedded PDF links, in-document and to the Web.
- Present support files of almost any type: movie, doc, image, pdf
- Present source-code with full color syntax hiliting (17 popular languages)
- Uses Airplay mirroring for no-hassle connectivity (wired HDMI or VGA works too)
- Fast, smooth, high resolution landscape PDF display
- Support for iPad OS 15 and new devices
- Update Dropbox support
- Various minor tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
I teach courses for a living, and I use this app in every class. It works very well with Airplay screen mirroring to allow me to wirelessly present and annotate PDFs while I walk around lecturing. If the ability to annotate live while not being chained to a podium is important to you, there is no other app that comes close!
Tim did an amazing job with this tool. Use this in conjunction with a AirPlay device like AppleTV or AirServer and you have yourself a wireless presentation platform that allows for interactive markup and on the fly emphasis of your presentations. Stable, featureful, highly recommended.
A very satisfied user
This is a great product! I've been using Screen Talk for almost 5 months now. I have been teaching software classes both in classroom and over the web (WebEx type) for a number of years. Before switching to use Screen Talk I would use a powerpoint presentation on a laptop connected to a projector in the classroom and a pdf of the powerpoint for over the web classes. Now I use the pdf of the powerpoint in Screen Talk on my iPad which is networked (local, ad hoc or hot spot) to my laptop connected to the projector or the computer with the Webex. I would never switch back.
What I like most is the ability to highlight text or an area that I'm discussing and the ability draw diagrams or write text on the slides particularly when answering questions. I thought I might miss the animations etc. from powerpoint by presenting from a pdf but I've found with the ability to have on-the-fly annotations I have more flexibility and I like it much better than canned animations in powerpoint (much easier to create too!).
I don't need a white board in the classroom anymore or in WebEx. I use the whiteboard feature of Screen Talk for drawing larger diagrams when explaining things. I use often the "Add Sketch" feature on the whiteboard that allows you to save a sketch and with just a few strokes recreate it.
I like the ability to follow embedded PDF links. I can also embed the lab database my students use and browse those files onscreen to show code with full sytax highlighting.
You can use your finger with Screen Talk but I use an apple pencil which allows for better control in my case and easy erasing of text and diagrams.
The response of my students has been overwhelmingly positive. They love it and often desire to get the app for their own use when they see what I can do with it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tim Corcoran
- 24.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2021 Tim Corcoran
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.