Screen Tint is a handy utility app that is designed to reduce the brightness of your Mac’s screen, proving particularly useful for users with sensitive eyes and for those that wish to use their Mac in a darker environment, but find that their screen’s brightness to be too harsh.
We recommend to use a warm tint when working at night and a cool tint for working in artificial light.
• Choose between 7 primary tint colors, with the ability to also configure any tint colour of your choice using the colour palette
• Ability to toggle the intensity of the tint colour using the ‘color intensity’ slider
• Enable the app to run between a specified time schedule automatically
• Quickly be able to enable/disable the app from the menubar itself
• Tint not only your Mac’s screen as the main display, but also attached external displays
• Perfect for users wanting to use their Mac’s in the night/dark environments
• Useful for users that have sensitive eyes and find the regular brightness levels of Macs to be too high
• Give your screen a unique colored tint that’s both good for your eyes, as well as visually appealing
- Improved support for macOS Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
This app is great and has helped ease my eye strain tremendously. I would only say that its blanket approach where everything gets tinted could use some sophistication.
Lousy scheduling feature
The screen tint feature is what I was looking for. It works on both my monitors. What doesn’t work is the scheduling feature. You’re supposed to be able to set a “shade-on” and “shade-off” (mine is 9 pm and 9 am, respectively). But it looks like the screen tint app only knows to toggle the shade if it’s awake during those times. If the computer goes to sleep with the shade off and then you wake your after the shade-on time, the app doesn't turn the shade on. Likewise, if you put your computer to sleep with the shade on and then you wake your computer after the shade-off time, the app simply leaves the shade on.
To be honest, I bought the app without even knowing the scheduling feature existed but now that I know it’s there and badly implemented, I’m really annoyed with it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.