Screencast maker allows you to make simple screencasts of your entire screen or a portion of it.
- Record the entire screen or select a portion of the screen to record
- Turn on webcam to record your narration, please note that this will not work if an app is being recorded in full screen mode
- Resize or move input from webcam as required
- Record audio from your microphone, please note that recording system audio directly is currently not supported
- Pause, resume or stop recording by right-clicking the dock icon
- Stop recording from status bar
Screencast maker records video using the H264/AVC encoding functionality provided by the operating system, if you plan on charging your end viewers, a commercial license for h.264/avc may be required.
Number of output sizes are available as presets, please note that customization of output beyond the available presets is not possible.
Screencast maker is currently not suitable for users having multiple monitor setups.
- App now runs natively on Apple Silicon based systems
- Fixed crash if no mic is available
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Application - Everything It's Supposed To Be
This app just works, it just exactly what you need it to do without any BS.
A little confusing, but it definitely works.
While the interface took me some getting used to, the app definitely does what it says it will.
Works great, BUT...
It has a few issues… For example, it doesn’t have any internal sound capture, but that’s no big issue. My main problem with this software, is it completely moves the screen over in the recording, and replaces the space from the moved screen with a big ugly green bar taking up recording space, making it not only so I can’t capture everything in my screen, but also effectivly causing some lag in the final rendering. It records pretty good, it gets a 24-35 FPS capture rate and seems to have no issues with motion or anything else. Besides these bugs that need to be fixed, it’s a good software, but not GREAT.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Abdulqadir Rashik
- 4.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022, Miavy Systems
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.