Screencast maker allows you to make simple screencasts of your entire screen or a portion of it.
- Record the entire screen or select a portion of the screen to record
- Turn on webcam to record your narration, please note that this will not work if an app is being recorded in full screen mode
- Resize or move input from webcam as required
- Record audio from your microphone, please note that recording system audio directly is currently not supported
- Pause, resume or stop recording by right-clicking the dock icon
- Stop recording from status bar
Screencast maker records video using the H264/AVC encoding functionality provided by the operating system, if you plan on charging your end viewers, a commercial license for h.264/avc may be required.
Number of output sizes are available as presets, please note that customization of output beyond the available presets is not possible.
Screencast maker is currently not suitable for users having multiple monitor setups.
Redesigned user interface
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
good app but but has bug
at the bottom of my video there is a green line. But over all this is good app to get.
Works great, BUT...
It has a few issues… For example, it doesn’t have any internal sound capture, but that’s no big issue. My main problem with this software, is it completely moves the screen over in the recording, and replaces the space from the moved screen with a big ugly green bar taking up recording space, making it not only so I can’t capture everything in my screen, but also effectivly causing some lag in the final rendering. It records pretty good, it gets a 24-35 FPS capture rate and seems to have no issues with motion or anything else. Besides these bugs that need to be fixed, it’s a good software, but not GREAT.
It is an app that does exactly what I need it to do, however there are a few problems. I am using a retina macbook pro and I have an issue of a green bar on the right side of the screen, and when recording on a second screen, the colors are inverted on some parts of the screen. As for suggestions, they need to add computer audio recording. If fixed, will be worth my 4.99.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.