Get photographic memory at your fingertips with ScreenHint, a minimal status-bar app for creating always-visible snapshots. Instead of juggling multiple apps and tabs, ScreenHint lets you capture a piece of your screen, turning it in to a hint that hovers over your other windows. It can help you keep focused, remember something important, or stay inspired while you work.
* Simple — no account needed, no setup required, and no learning curve to master.
* Effective — keep your notes, inspiration, and documentation a glance away.
* Secure — we don't collect any data, and your hints are never saved anywhere unless you want them to be.
I wrote ScreenHint because I need a tool like it to do my job. I want it to be reliable and robust, and I want it to work without a subscription to any kind of service. I promise to never require a subscription to use ScreenHint, and to never offer a paid subscription without providing a non-subscription alternative.
- Temporarily hide all hints when you need to focus
- The ability to re-open a recently-closed hint
- Annotation and mark-up tools
- Customizable default settings.
ScreenHint was inspired by Snappy, but is intended as a productivity tool, rather than as a screenshot management and sharing tool. While it no longer appears to be maintained, you can learn more about Snappy here: http://snappy-app.com/
If you develop, maintain, or work on Snappy, I would love to talk to you! I love your tool, and it pains me that upgrading to macOS 11 seems to have broken it. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This one's a big one:
• There's now an onboarding flow to help new users get set up.
• Hint creation has been overhauled and should be much more performant and less memory-intensive.
• The hint creation overlay has been redesigned.
• Hints now animate in and out, and the currently-focused hint
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use
No such thing as "Upgrade to Pro", simple and really easy to use. Just missing an option to save it to desktop and would love to have an option to not show its icon on menu bar as I prefer to not have anything on my menu bar other than basics.
Best Screen Cap.
Easier to use and faster than the OS supplied app.
Great for keeping things on screen while comparing folders, websites, etc.
Responsive developer, excellent tight and light app.
Nice little app
This is my favorite kind of app ... small, focused, and does exactly what it says in the description. Super helpful when working with design comps or an unfamiliar codebase.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Salem Hilal
- 2 MB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Salem Hilal