Automatic screenshot naming tool
No More Screenshots on your Desktop with All The Same Name!
Download this handy utility that automatically renames your screenshot according to the title of the window you select to capture or the file name you set. This works for a selection, window or entire screen.
Find Screenshot – Rename icon on the Finder menu bar or use your Mac’s standard screenshot commands.
• Tag your screenshots while naming them in order to easily find them on your mac or in iCloud.
• Screenshot a selection area using the same coordinates of the previous screenshot. No need to select again.
• Manually name your screenshot before saving
• Control where to save your screenshot rather than on the Desktop
• Automatically share your screenshots by saving to a shared folder, DropBox.
• Select from a range of image formats: JPG, GIF, TIFF, PNG and PDF
Customize your screenshot name:
• Add prefix or custom code to screenshot names
• Set a fixed name for your screen shots or automatically name according to the front window name
• Add combination of date, time stamp and version numbers or none
• Set the date / time stamp after the prefix or at end of the file name
Update to work with MACOSX Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
Only thing I’ve found that does what I’d like
Awesome! Perfect for my needs. This keeps getting better! No messy desktop!
I’m taking screenshots all day. I need to give them different names and would like them off my Desktop. This does both. It actually didn’t allow me to save to a different name at first, but I contacted the developer, Joe, and he was incredible! Fastest turn-around I’ve ever seen on anything. Added this feature that works very easily (simple check to turn on custom naming) that is very easy to use. I can use Mac short-cut keys, also. Only deducted 1 star, because it was a bit finicky in saving to a non-desktop folder. Had to try a workaround (delete or rename custom folder) then it was working. If this was not a fast, integrated tool I would not use it. However, it takes no time at all and integrates nicely with Mac.
Outstanding app from a responsive developer
Screenshot Auto-Rename does exactly that and does it beautifully. Additionally, it allows you to specify a file destination other than the desktop. The interface is clean and the documentation is clear.
The application has already saved me hours of work. I’m in the middle of project in which I must make and rename screen captures of around 10,000 individual test questions from a couple of hundred PDF documents. Screenshot Auto-Rename is by far the fastest of the approaches I’ve tried. It’s great.
The developer responded very quickly when I contacted him regarding issues encountered with my upgrade to Mojave. Joe addressed the issue promptly and the app is again functioning as it should. I am impressed with the response time and well pleased with the application.
Stopped working in Sierra. Developer does not respond.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.