**** All New for iOS 9 in 2017!
The #1 selling iphone movie script writing app in the world is now even better!
Now Fountain Compatible!
100% new revision is Smooth and Beautiful - You will fall in love with writing all over again!
* Featured in New and Noteworthy, In the Director's Chair
* Featured in New and Noteworthy, Focus on Writing
* Top 100 iPhone and iPad Productivity app in 100+ countries
* "Beautiful new interface makes screenwriting a breeze" - AppAdvice.com
* "Scripts Pro focuses on the creative process, giving you the space and freedom to unleash your full creative energy onto the page." - iPhone Life Magazine
* 'Best Filmmaking Apps' - MovieScope Magazine
* "Use your iPad to write that Oscar winning script anytime, anywhere with Scripts Pro." - G4TV
Designed for film and television screenwriters – Scripts Pro automatically generates industry standard screenplay formatting so you stay focused on writing.
Scripts Pro imports, exports, and preserves your Final Draft, Celtx, Fountain (*NEW!), and formatted Text files from most desktop script writing software.
Scripts Pro is optimized for both iPad and iPhone. No need to purchase 2 separate versions!
When writing in Scripts Pro you forget about the app and stay focused on your story. There is no cluttered interface or complex inputs to learn.
Create, edit, or review your scripts whenever creativity strikes - in the coffee shop, in the loo, walking your dog, on the metro, in bed when a blockbuster idea strikes – anytime, anywhere!
Fully compatible with Final Draft, Celtx, Fountain (*NEW!), PDF, html, and TXT files.
Uses industry-standard Tab and Return for automatic element insertion (e.g., if you hit “Return” after a Character Name, Scripts Pro will automatically format the next area as Dialogue).
FLEXIBLE FORMAT SUPPORT
- Fully compatible with Final Draft, Celtx, Fountain (*NEW!), PDF, html, and TXT files
FULL iCLOUD INTEGRATION
- All your scripts stay up to date & backed up across all your iOS devices – Automatically.
FULL DROPBOX INTEGRATION
- 1-click Dropbox backup and file sharing
SCRIPT NOTES (*NEW!)
- Insert script notes in areas needing further attention or collaboration input
IOS DICTATION SUPPORT
- Speak your Script into Existence!
SEAMLESSLY IMPORT AND EXPORT FINAL DRAFT AND CELTX FILES
- Formatting, fdx notes, font treatments & index cards are preserved round-trip. You can even work with Movie Magic and Movie Draft using formatted .txt files.
AUTO COMPLETION ENABLED
– Both Script-Specific and iOS Pop Up Suggestions make writing faster and less tedious
- Clean Uncluttered Layout in Portrait and Landscape
SCRIPT PICTURE PREVIEW (*NEW!)
- Attach an image to a Script for easy visual association
FULL PAPERLESS SUPPORT
- Import & Export from Dropbox, iTunes, iCloud, History, and Email via FDX, Fountain (*NEW!), PDF and more
SCRIPT VERSION HISTORY
- Access earlier Script versions from our unique History mode – Your own Script Time Machine!
READER / PREVIEW MODE
- See your scripts in exact Studio format with accurate page numbering
EASY SCRIPT EDITING AND NAVIGATION
- Intuitive features include 1-touch scene and character switching, icon toolbar, intuitive Tab and Return buttons, and more
BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD SUPPORT
- Use your external Bluetooth keyboard to hammer out that award winning script anytime, anywhere
- Wirelessly print scripts from your iDevice
POWERFUL SCRIPT ENGINE
- Robust rendering engine provides blazing fast desktop-like performance with no lags
- Our team is here for you 24/7 - Email us with questions, suggestions, or to just say “Hi” at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for letting us help you write that Hollywood blockbuster movie script with the ultimate screenwriting tool for the iPad and iPhone - Scripts Pro!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
We've streamlined the performance of Scripts Pro 2017, including iCloud issues. Let us know your thoughts and suggestions. And -- don't forget to leave a review! It helps us a lot. A whole lot! Thanks so much for using Scripts Pro! Write On!
Ratings and Reviews
Ignore the dummies...
I'm not sure why some fools on here are saying you can't import txt files or use Dropbox. I imported a script that was in txt format into this app from Dropbox. Worked fine. That functionality is even explained in the quick tutorial when you first open the app. Also takes fdx files.
The script doesn't look very well formatted when you are writing in the app but if you use the "preview" feature it presents your script in a very cool, flip style presentation with the script formatted just as you will see when you print it- which you can also do from the app.
Backup your work and use the cloud and you won't lose your work. Ignore the haters...and the dolts. This app works great.
5 years after my initial review, the developer hasn't added a few key features
Scripts Pro is by and large a great substitute for Final Draft on my iPad, and it makes your script look really sexy too.
One big feature that's missing is the ability to navigate by page numbers in edit mode. Page numbering is only available in a preview mode, while editing mode essentially presents an unbroken continuously scrolling script.
As the app makers must know, screenplay structure relies heavily on act breaks and midpoints falling around familiar page lengths, in both TV and film.
But when I need to return to that scene on page 48, scrolling is tedious, and it's hard to use the scene navigator -- spec scripts aren't numbered, so trying to remember the scene number is like asking someone to find a penny that was thrown in the ocean an hour ago.
So a page navigator would be great. Input the page number, and jump to that scene in the editor. Or from preview mode, double tap a slugline to jump to it in the editor.
Can't wait until these features are added and then I can give this app 5 stars instead of 4!
Edit: I posted this review 5 years ago and unfortunately the features I requested above have not been added, so I'm downgrading my rating to 2 stars for lack of developer responsiveness. Regardless, I have another feature request: a way to copy/paste chunks of a script containing multiple scene elements (sluglines, dialogue, action, etc.) without losing the formatting.
I only have a few complaints. Copy/paste could use work. It puts everything into the same format, whether it's dialogue or scene description. Also, it always put a "&" before the pasted section, and ";nbsp" or something like that at the end.
Also, while it's great that it remembers character names in the character format, it should also suggest them in the action format, so I don't have to capitalize and write a name every time someone does something.
The developer, Inkless Ideas LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Inkless Ideas LLC
- 51 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Inkless Ideas LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.