In an alternate reality in 1920s Europa, it's been several years since the ""Great War"", but the ashes of the conflict are still hot and the war is entering a new phase. The first conflict saw the emergence of some incredible engines of war known as Mechs. Built by ""The Factory"", an independent city-state which has since become the object of everyone's desire, these technological monstrosities roam the snowy landscapes of Europa. Be the hero of one of the five factions – Saxony Empire, Crimean Khanate, Rusviet Union, Polania Republic or Nordic Kingdom – and become the richest and most powerful nation in all of Europa during these dark times! To assure the victory of your people, you will need to explore and conquer new territories, enlist new recruits and deploy your forces by building formidable and terrifying combat Mechs. Replay history in a fictional past full of mechanical engines and technology, where each choice you make will be critical. Choose your battles with care, because in Scythe, victory is achieved with and for the people!
- Asymmetry: every player starts the game with different resources (energy, coins, keen combat sense, popularity…), a different starting location and a secret objective. The starting positions are specifically set to contribute to the uniqueness of every faction and the asymmetrical nature of the game.
- Strategy: Scythe offers players almost complete control over their fate. The only elements of chance apart from each player's individual secrete objective card are the Encounter cards, which players draw to interact with the citizens of newly explored lands. Combat is also handled by way of choice; no luck or chance is involved.
- Engine Building: Players can improve their construction abilities to become more efficient, build structures that improve their position on the map, enlist new recruits into their faction, activate mechs to dissuade opponents from invading and expand their borders to reap greater types and quantities of resources. This aspect creates a feeling of energy and progression over the course of the entire game. The order in which players get to develop their economy and technologies adds to the unique feel of every game, even when playing as the same faction several times.
• Official adaptation of the award-winning board game
• 4X strategy game (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate)
• Customize the mat to sharpen your strategy
• Choose a specialty for unique games: Agriculturalist, Industrialist, Engineer, Patriot or Mechanic.
• Fight alone against an AI, face your friends in Hotseat or face opponents from all over the world in Online Mode
• Check out artistic genius Jakub Rozalski's retro-futuristic illustrations!
Discover new challenges with the Invaders from Afar expansion!
While empires rise and fall in Eastern Europa, the rest of the world takes notice, and covets the secrets of the Factory. Two distant factions, Albion and Togawa, send out their emissaries to scout the land and plan their best strategy for conquest. They will all lead their mechs to war, but who will come out victorious?
- Play as one of the two new redoubtable factions, Clan Albion and The Togawa Shogunate, and use their mechs with their unique abilities
- Two new player mats: Militant and Innovative
- Now up to 7 players!
Please note that Scythe: Digital Edition app requires a device with a minimum of 2GB Ram
. Fix for Albion’s Rally ability not working properly while moving across rivers between two adjacent hexes
. Added extra information about DLC-only achievements
. Fixes for online games freezing under certain circumstances
. Fix for text on some buttons in the Paint Shop not using the right colour
. Fix for hidden achievements’ names and conditions being revealed from the start
. Fix for some prompts not being correctly adjusted to the text they contain
. Fix for the game freezing if the device was locked during a loading screen
Ratings and Reviews
Love the game but buggy
Love the game but there are still bugs. My last match I was ahead by about 20 and was going to win as I was one star away and there was nothing anyone else could do. In one of the last battles the game crashed. After waiting for another player to take their move for a few minutes it said I had abandon the game I was even watching their timer ticking w nothing I could do. The game ended a few second later as I saw one of the players in the lobby so I checked to see if the com won the game for me and of course it did. Ended up loosing 15 elo when I should have won that much.
Released finished game EDIT: Nevermind I’m dumb
You can’t use “2 move” action on the same unit (character or worker). Turn 1 of game 1 and I can’t move my character 2 spaces to pick up encounter. If this very basic action is wrong who knows what else is wrong. Please refund money or fix game. Pretty sad for $8 game.
Edit: I followed the digital in game rules link and under top row move it says to move 2 different (italicized) units. I thought that was a change in a newer edition or something because we’ve played Scythe for years without noticing you couldn’t use both move actions on same unit. I opened my physical rule book and there is was. Two different units. Now I’m questioning everything I thought I knew about everything as I may have just worm holed into a parallel universe where the only difference is you can’t move the same character twice in scythe.
Scythe is an excellent board game. This app looks good so far and I was able to log in via my Asmodee account and add friends within the app, which is more than I can do in other Asmodee games (Terraforming Mars).
HOWEVER, that’s all I’ve seen so far. Why? Because for some nonsensical reason you cannot invite friends into an asynchronous (here called Play & Go) game unless everyone is online. We have been trying to coordinate via forum for four people spread across 7 hours of time zones to all log in at the exact same time just to start a game. We still haven’t managed to do this. Is there a reason Asmodee can’t figure out how to do something that other developers figured out nearly a decade ago at this point?
I’ll update my review accordingly should the experience improve, but when you spend premium money on a top-rated board game made by the biggest board game app developer in the world you expect basic functionality without having to jump through asinine hoops.
Developer Response ,
Hello, the team is working on this issue. Don't hesitate to share any feedback or idea with our support team here: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/scythe-digital-edition/?p=all&l=en&contact=1
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Asmodee Digital
- 496.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Asmodee Digital 2020. Scythe™ is a trademark of Stonemaier LLC. All rights reserved. Scythe: Digital Edition developed by Knights of Unity.
- In-App Purchases
- Invaders From Afar $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.