Anna, Gunter, Zehra et al. all have companions, so why shouldn't you? ScytheKick is your sidekick for Scythe, the award winning board game from Stonemaier games (http://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/).
ScytheKick has five main tabs:
Use this tab to randomize picking factions and player mats from the game, and select which players are Automa and which are human. Offers a repick option if the player doesn't want the random combination, or swipe up and down on the images to manually select. Swipe left and right to review what the other players got. Up to two players are supported. Additional players can be unlocked with the Premium upgrade, and Invaders from Afar factions are unlocked with the Invaders from Afar upgrade, both in the ScytheKick Store. This tab also sets up campaign episodes when the Rise of Fenris Expansion is unlocked.
TILES & MODS
Use this tab to randomly pick the tiles at the start of a match, like the Structure Bonus Tile. Resolution and Airship Tiles can be unlocked with the Wind Gambit Expansion, and Mods from the Rise of Fenris Expansion can be unlocked, both from the ScytheKick Store.
For solo mode or additional AI opponents, this tab creates a page for each Automa opponent (with all four difficulty levels available). Use the buttons to draw turn cards, combat cards or discard and advance the star tracker, or optionally double tap to draw and dismiss cards. Automatically reshuffles and flips from Scheme I to Scheme II. One Automa opponent is available in the Preview mode of the app. Additional decks can be unlocked with the Premium upgrade in the ScytheKick Store. Use the Automa Helper (gameboard icon) to solve Automa movement via an upgrade from the ScytheKick Store. Swipe up or tap the map button to bring it up. On compatible devices, view the Automa movement in augmented reality using the AR Board Upgrade.
On this tab, you can simplify end game scoring when counting stars, territories and resources, coins and structure bonuses. Tap the numbers to update the values, and tap the icons to move to the next category. Swipe left and right to move between factions if a match has been set up in the Faction Picker. Automatically divides the resources by two, so just enter the number you have.
Includes settings for:
* Manage In-App Purchases in the ScytheKick Store
* Online user guide.
* Adjustable volume
* Disable screen locking when Automa is in use
* Choosing whether Automa are friendly to other Automa players for the Automa Helper solver. Choose if Active Airship Variant is used. Select the board size for the AR Board.
* Smooth Popularity Track mode awards coins not just based on the three tiers on the Popularity Track, but interpolates linearly between each level and also counts odd numbers of resources. Scores at popularity 3, 9 and 15 score as normal, but scores higher and lower increase and decrease. For example, scores between popularity of 6 and 7 are closer with the setting mode on.
ScytheKick is an unofficial companion to the board game Scythe, produced with permission of the game designer. Scythe is a trademark of Stonemaier LLC. Content and art is reproduced with permission. Special thanks to Jamey Stegmaier, Jakub Rozalski, Kai Starck, Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre, Morten Monrad Pederson, David Studley and Lines Hutter.
Fixes in 4.0.6
* Fixes a bug where Invaders from Afar factions become unavailable in a campaign.
Features in 4.0.5
* Support for Episodes 7, 8a and 8b.
* Move actions and character placement now automatically remove encounter tokens, so the app doesn't show multiple encounters anymore.
* Support for marking how many mods were purchased when resolving episodes.
* Crimea / Patriotic combination is now banned as per Scythe FAQ.
* Automa Helper now shows new 'Factory' Faction option for placing encounters and controlling special units.
Features in 4.0.4
* Support for Episodes 5 and 6.
* Encounters and Albion flags are now shown on the Automa Helper. Tokens are automatically updated when units are placed in the territory with a token.
* Support new screen sizes.
Features in 4.0.3
* Support for Episodes 3 and 4.
* Fix a case where automa gains at the scheme switch were wrong.
Fixes in 4.0.2
* Support for the neoprene mat for the AR Solver.
* Fix for iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 SE not being able to tap the 'EDIT AUTOMA SETTINGS'.
* Automa popularity no longer is fixed at 10, but correctly initializes and on reset, including Episode 2A.
* New setting keeps Rise of Fenris Modules hidden by default outside of the Campaign.
* Crash starting episode 7 in some situations.
* Fix reverse of infrastructure and mech mods.
* Features in 4.0.1 *
* Brand new support for The Rise of Fenris Expansion.
* Supports a campaign mode which tracks Factions over the life of the campaign, including any changes that happen.
* Includes a new scoring summary tracking Perks and Wealth and other episode resolutions.
* Automa supports special gains from setup and mods, including automatically drawing cards.
* Automa deck supports delayed scheme switch and star tracker position offset and discarded cards.
* Saves data for single game and campaign independantly.
* Supports episodes 1 and 2 in the Automa Helper.
* Fix for using Automa in 4.0.
* Coming soon:
** new Automa tiebreaker movement.
** Support for Mods outside the campaign.
** Multiple campaigns.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A must have if you play Scythe solo!
When I got Scythe and tried the Automa, I found it very enjoyable and allowed me to play the game more since I didn’t have to wait for my group to get together, and it mimics a human opponent pretty well, but sometimes it was too much to think about how to resolve the move or attack action for the Automa, especially on top of thinking of my own strategy, but this app had made it so easy, it just shows you where to move on the map, and you can play against multiple Automas, definitely worth it to get the premium version and Automa helper upgrade as it gives you the option to play solo against multiple opponents and costs less than getting the extra Automa decks!
Makes solo so easy
Love everything about it. Went from a few automa plays over two years to almost a dozen in a few weeks or so. The move helper is a definite add on to your purchase.
One suggestion, As a parent who often starts a game at one time and has to finish it another I wish you would add a place holder for the human player during each round that gives you the opportunity to do combat and move pieces when needed. Updating the ai is easy and part of the turn. But updating your move feels a little clunky in comparison. It would also be easier to remember who’s turn it is when you return to the game.
Despite my best efforts, I struggled to master the automa rules and often found myself second guessing the placement. Using this app I see that I am wrong 20% of the time and have given up on trying to master the system and instead simply let the app do the work and I focus on playing the game. Without this app I am not sure I would have continued playing Scythe solo. Or if I did, I doubt it would have been as enjoyable.
Thank you for your passion project! A lot of people benefited.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Timothy Cherna
- 146.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2019 Tim Cherna
- In-App Purchases
- Early Adopter Upgrade $1.99
- Premium Upgrade $3.99
- Invaders from Afar Expansion $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.