Demodulate and play AM and FM signals received by an RTL-SDR, Airspy HF+ or SDRplay radio. Requires a radio and a host computer which are not provided with SDR Receiver and must be separately installed and configured. Streams data from an rtl_tcp, hfp_tcp or rsp_tcp server application which are free and open source applications. The appropriate server application must be installed on the host computer and configured for the attached radio.
SDR Receiver is a Software Defined Radio (SDR) that processes, demodulates and plays AM, narrowband FM and wideband FM signals. Listen to communications from aircraft (AM), amateur repeaters and VHF handhelds, police and fire, NOAA weather reports (narrowband FM) and commercial broadcasts (wideband FM).
• Easily entered and managed lists of stations to simplify station selection and switching.
• Adjustable squelch that works for both AM and FM signals.
• Adjustable LNA gain (for RTL-SDR radios).
• Adjustable audio high pass and low pass filters.
• Signal strength indicator that shows power level in the signal passband.
• Multiple sampling rates from 240 ksps to 1,920 ksps (for RTL-SDR and SDRplay radios) to accommodate different network bandwidths.
• Selectable 8-bit or 16-bit sample size streaming from Airspy HF+ and SDRplay radios.
SDR Receiver processes signals that are streamed over the network from a host computer (Mac, PC or Raspberry Pi) that is attached by USB bus to an RTL-SDR, Airspy HF+ or SDRplay radio. An rtl_tcp server or equivalent application running on the host computer receives baseband IQ data from the radio and streams the sampled signals over the network to the device running SDR Receiver.
Requires an RTL-SDR, Airspy HF+ or SDRplay radio and a host computer which are not provided with the application.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.