Sea ID is a marine species identification tool that aims to help researchers, ocean industries and individuals easily identify and better understand the enormous diversity of marine life in Canada’s oceans. Identify at-risk marine species found in Canada’s three oceans. This app doesn’t requires a mobile data service once installed. To use with mobile data, install the regular Sea ID app.
• Information necessary for identification of many marine species taxonomic groups in Canadian waters, including cetaceans (whales, dolphins and porpoises), pinnipeds, sea turtles, seabirds, chondrichthyans (sharks, skates, rays and chimeras), Northwest Atlantic corals and sponges and many marine fish.
• In-depth characteristic key by taxonomic groups to help narrow searches for individual species.
• Stunning, full-screen image galleries for each species to show what these species may look like in a real identification scenario.
• Up-to-date identification and conservation status information.
• Where available, maps showing global species ranges.
• Take a picture or add a photo from your device and identify the species.
• Emergency contact information, if you see a marine species in distress.
• No internet connection required once installed.
WWF-Canada creates solutions to the environmental challenges that matter most for Canadians. We work in places that are unique and ecologically important, so that nature, wildlife and people thrive together. Because we are all wildlife. For more info visit wwf.ca
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.