Seagate Media App gives you access to your photos, videos, music, and documents stored on compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your digital library with a classic file/folder view, thumbnails, or using a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device – no Internet connection required
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from any available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Create, edit, and save files directly to/from your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps
• Synchronize your files on popular cloud services like Dropbox (requires Internet connection and only available on Wireless Plus)
• Backup pictures and videos automatically from your mobile device
• Cast content to Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV*, and most DLNA devices
*Install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Amazon Fire TV to browse content through Seagate Media app before casting to your TV.
Seagate Media App works with:
• Seagate Wireless
• Seagate Wireless Plus
• Seagate Personal Cloud
• Seagate GoFlex Satellite
• Seagate Central
Please visit our app support site for articles, videos, and more at the Seagate Media Support (Developer) website.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Video format & sound problem
Cannot play avi video format and some other video sound won’t play...plus can u make the video player can play text on movie...please fix it on ios 12...thx
Developer Response ,
Try checking for a firmware update on your Seagate drive if you are not able to upload files. If you have a Personal Cloud, check for an update here: https://goo.gl/t7dZad Determine if you can connect locally, over 4g, or over another wifi network. Otherwise, contact us directly so we may assist further: http://goo.gl/SeFhmy
Hard drive files are unaccessible due to endless indexing. Meanwhile VLC player can access them immediately. Garbage. App crashes frequently when playing feature length film stored on iPad. Meanwhile vlc player plays the same movies flawlessly. Garbage. Frequent popup says not connected to network when playing music stored on iPad preventing navigation until you acknowledge the alert. Garbage. Random music player only plays the first couple hundred songs on list unless you scroll all the way to the bottom of the list. Have fun scrolling through thousands of songs every time you want to listen so you’ll be able to hear the whole collection. Garbage. When uploading photos to hard drive this app only allows 50 files at at time. Try transferring 500 photos. Get ready for a long, broken up project that should be simple. Garbage. If you want to find what else doesn’t work, get this app!
I had initially bought goflex home from seagate few years ago to set up my NAS. It worked great until last year when they decided to stop supporting remote access feature. Why would anyone setup NAS if not for remote access. My IOS app doesn’t work anymore.
So I decided to buy another Seagate product that I could connect to remotely. Only to learn recently that they are stopping that support as well.
What a lousy company that pushes its products only to stop supporting them few years later. It’s a nice way to force user to keep buying new product which would be obsolete soon. I wonder if this is even legal.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Seagate Technologies LLC
- 169.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Seagate Technology
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.