You've booked a trip to your favorite getaway but the plane is full and you're stuck in the middle seat, sound familiar? Let Seat Alerts® by ExpertFlyer help find you a better seat in 3 easy steps:
1. Look up the Seat Map of your flight.
2. Set up a Seat Alert to find window seats, aisle seats and more.
3. Get notified if your preferred seat is found.
Seat Alerts will monitor the available seats right up until the flight departs. If it becomes available you can change your seat when your Seat Alert notification arrives, just contact the airline or the travel agency that booked your ticket. Seat Alerts finds a window or aisle seat better than 75% of the time.
• With a Free account, you can set up one Free Seat Alert at a time using the Any Seat, Any Window or Any Aisle options. Other advanced alert options require a fee.
• Seat maps include SeatGuru® seat ratings so you know which seat is the right seat for you. Just click on a seat to see its rating and review
• If you need multiple Seat Alerts at the same time, additional alerts and alert options are available for purchase
• Supports over 150 airlines that have preassigned seating
Notes about app functionality:
• Account registration is required to use the Seat Alert app, this is so we can notify you of found seats and keep track of your alerts across devices.
• Miles Award or Upgrade searching and alerting is not the same as Seat Map searching and alerting. This app is Seat Map Alerts only. For Miles Awards & Upgrades, please use our website.
• Also works with ExpertFlyer.com Basic and Premium subscriptions to manage your Seat Alerts.
• Seat Alerts checks the seat maps several times a day. If you find and take an open seat before the next check of the alert, you won't be notified.
• To prevent abuse, a limited about of seat maps can be viewed each day, resetting every 24 hrs. Only a single seat map search is needed to create a Seat Alert.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, latest update made it slower
I’ve been a happy user for quite some time and mostly use it at boarding time to see the seatmap and then request a new seat either at gate or in the Airlines’ app. This means I can be checking multiple maps on different legs quite quickly.
However there was a recent update that has made it more “clunky” to use. Where one earlier could start to type the IATA codes immediately there is now a delay of about a second before the cursor appears and let you write. This is the case for the airport field and the airline field, but the flight number is fast as it used to be. It’s not critical but it’s annoying to wait for the cursor when in a rush. I’ve actually used it as I was talking to Check-in to make sure he was telling me the right information. All delays in the app can make me unable to check concurrently with the agent.
I’d appreciate a fix for this.
No Alert Received
Didn’t work for me. Found the seat I requested the alert for on my own.
Edit: 1 star to 4. I did just receive an alert for an available exit. Maybe I just happened to find the exit row I chose before the app had a chance to alert me.
I bought a paid seat alert for specific seats. I never got an alert but I found one of those seats open checking the airline's app on my own. The developer said in addition to selecting specific seats, my alert needs to set specific flags for whether those seats are premium, paid, or blocked.
I have no idea which seats are premium, paid, or blocked. I would think a modern app would automatically select the correct options if I request specific seats. But not here.
Just be careful with the paid alerts. You need to have all the flags set magically to the correct settings for it to work properly.
Developer Response ,
As we explained to you over email, we don't see the type of seat an Occupied seat is (premium/paid/normal) while it's Occupied, so no we can't do that automatically. Blame the state of airline technology, it's not something we have control over. As we also explained, not everyone is as lucky as you to be able to get those elite Premium or Paid seats, so we don't alert on them by default (this is explained in our Help). Since you are a frequent flyer, you would probably know that a window seat is a Premium seat not available to everyone.
- Expert Travel Services, LLC.
- 19.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2004 ExpertFlyer.com
- In-App Purchases
- Seat Alert $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.