You've booked a trip to your favorite getaway but the plane is full and you're stuck in the middle seat, sound familiar? Let Seat Alerts® by ExpertFlyer help find you a better seat in 3 easy steps:
1. Look up the Seat Map of your flight.
2. Set up a Seat Alert to find window seats, aisle seats and more.
3. Get notified if your preferred seat is found.
Seat Alerts will monitor the available seats right up until the flight departs. If it becomes available you can change your seat when your Seat Alert notification arrives, just contact the airline or the travel agency that booked your ticket. Seat Alerts finds a window or aisle seat better than 75% of the time.
• With a Free account, you can set up one Free Seat Alert at a time using the Any Seat, Any Window or Any Aisle options. Other advanced alert options require a fee.
• Seat maps include SeatGuru® seat ratings so you know which seat is the right seat for you. Just click on a seat to see its rating and review
• If you need multiple Seat Alerts at the same time, additional alerts and alert options are available for purchase
• Supports over 150 airlines that have preassigned seating
Notes about app functionality:
• Account registration is required to use the Seat Alert app, this is so we can notify you of found seats and keep track of your alerts across devices.
• Miles Award or Upgrade searching and alerting is not the same as Seat Map searching and alerting. This app is Seat Map Alerts only. For Miles Awards & Upgrades, please use our website.
• Also works with ExpertFlyer.com Basic and Premium subscriptions to manage your Seat Alerts.
• Seat Alerts checks the seat maps several times a day. If you find and take an open seat before the next check of the alert, you won't be notified.
• To prevent abuse, a limited about of seat maps can be viewed each day, resetting every 24 hrs. Only a single seat map search is needed to create a Seat Alert.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, latest update made it slower
I’ve been a happy user for quite some time and mostly use it at boarding time to see the seatmap and then request a new seat either at gate or in the Airlines’ app. This means I can be checking multiple maps on different legs quite quickly.
However there was a recent update that has made it more “clunky” to use. Where one earlier could start to type the IATA codes immediately there is now a delay of about a second before the cursor appears and let you write. This is the case for the airport field and the airline field, but the flight number is fast as it used to be. It’s not critical but it’s annoying to wait for the cursor when in a rush. I’ve actually used it as I was talking to Check-in to make sure he was telling me the right information. All delays in the app can make me unable to check concurrently with the agent.
I’d appreciate a fix for this.
Job not done? My fault?
I paid for a Seat Alerts on my flight and requested one of four or six additional seats if they opened. I checked myself every day and got the seat I wanted on my own. I did not know I had to check paid seats. Being a medallion member I don’t have to pay for those seats However I will try again and see if it works better.
Developer Response ,
Please do. Also before you try again please email us directly at customercare@ExpertFlyer.com so we can give you help with your specific flight so the alert has the best chance of finding an open seat!
Mickey Mouse Programming
This app has no link to an actual by date database. In Seat Guru, all I need to do is enter the airline, flight number and date and the aircraft seat configuration pops up. In this app, you also need to enter the start and end airports! The graphics are kindergarten quality and difficult on the eyes. I deleted this app within a minute of seeing those graphics. It’s 2020, not 1976, so your graphics should at least be clean and easy on the eyes rather than pixelated nonsense that you have now. One of the worst apps I have ever been introduced to.
I stand by my comments as they are accurate. Your rebuttal didn’t take into account anything that I said, other than counter-point it. The above is not an insult as you people call it but is an accurate assessment of fact.
Developer Response ,
Not correct, we get live seat map data direct from the airline reservation systems to show the actual occupied/available seat data. SeatGuru does not do that, it just shows generic ratings of seats based on general aircraft type and doesn't reflect occupied seat status on specific flights. This is why a city pair is required, to identify the specific segment of a specific flight/date.
Before you insult us, please take the time to understand what the app does, thanks.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Expert Travel Services, LLC.
- 20 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2004 ExpertFlyer.com
- In-App Purchases
- Seat Alert $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.