Seconds is widely recognized as the best interval timer for HIIT & Tabata training for mobile devices. As well as being featured by Apple, it is recommended by celebrity and personal trainers to their clients all around the globe.
INTERVAL TIMER FEATURES:
• Large, full screen, color coded display that is easy to read from a distance. The display works in either landscape or portrait.
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata and circuit training. A custom template to create every interval. And the compound editor where you can combine many interval timers into one.
• Speaks your interval names so that you can follow a workout without seeing the screen at all. Seconds can even provide prior warning of the upcoming interval. Other alerts including beeps and bells are available.
• Coordinate your music with your Tabata workout. Each interval can have its own music assigned allowing you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your HIIT workout.
• Seconds runs in the background allowing you to either have your display off, or use other apps while the HIIT timer is active.
• Export and import. Share the Tabata timers with friends or download them from the web and install them in Seconds.
• Stopwatch that works in landscape and portrait, highlights best and worst lap times and syncs with Apple Watch.
• A quick access countdown timer with 5 preset durations (only first 3 on Apple Watch). Upgraded users may configure their own preset durations. Countdown syncs with Apple Watch.
• Seconds can use Apple Health to: save workouts or mindful sessions, read body measurements and year of birth to calculate calorie expenditure in conjunction with a heart rate monitor.
Added option to share a device link - that can be used to launch Seconds from other apps - by swiping right on a timer in the list.
Fixed timer on external displays.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
All You Need in a Fitness Timer app
I’ve been using this app for a few months now. It’s everything I could imagine needing in a fitness timer app. It is so versatile and so easy to customize. I’ve saved about a dozen of my own routines and it only takes a moment to program a workout found in a magazine or online. And once it is programmed, it’s there forever, whenever you need it. And with the sync feature, you can have it on all devices. I’ve even shared them with friends who have the app using the export feature.
Save your routines to a folder... or two... multiple versions even... It’s up to you. I make full workouts for my normal routine and abbreviated versions for when I’m pressed for time.
With all of my routines on hand at any given time, I have one less excuse for just getting one done. In fact, having this app has made me MUCH more consistent in my exercise regimen. I can’t say enough about it. Seven Stars! *******
Use it every workout
I don’t normally write reviews for apps but for Seconds Pro I’ll make an exception. I use this app very nearly every workout. I have a folder of Rest timers, one for simple repeating intervals, one for AMRAPS, and one for complex intervals. And when I say complex, I mean as complex as my little sweaty heart could desire. Want an EMOM for 10 minutes, then rest, then uneven alternating work/rest intervals? Okay, go for it! Want epic intro music that switches to your main tunes during the timed workout? Sure! I mean, you gotta provide your own epic, but still.
Really, for a few bucks I can’t believe how much play I get from this. The only thing I could wish for - and I admit I haven’t looked yet - is a way to import/export to a file type manageable on a computer (xml?). The interval creation mechanics are a little click intensive and repetitive. Also maybe some more background colors 😁. Still not enough to drop it a star!
Buy the Pro version!
March 2018 Review Update
Have now realized that the app also easily connects to a basic Polar heart rate monitor. Add this to the total flexibility of the display layout, I now have the perfect device for interval training on my Nordic Trac. The electronics on my NT, which is over 20 years old, died many years ago, but Seconds Pro is obviously even better.
I've been using the free version for several years for everything from timing stretch routines to timing steaks on the grill. I never thought I needed the pro version.
Recently I thought I had identified a bug so I sent the developer an email, what did I have to lose. Not only did I get a personalized response confirming that the latest iOS version was causing a problem, but they also invited me to be a beta tester of the corrected Pro version.
Even the free version has so much flexibility and functionality available as far a setting up various routines, all of which you can use without looking at the app, as the text to voice capability is excellent. I'm now ready to set up and refine all of my routines, which because I have the Pro version I can now save.
Like I said I've use the free version for years, but if you use a timer regularly, I highly recommend forking out the money for the paid pro version. You will be glad you did.
- Runloop Ltd
- 50.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 Runloop Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.