[ The acclaimed point and click adventure Secret Files Sam Peters has now found its way back onto the App Store! ]
# # # TRAVEL TO THE SWELTERING HEART OF AFRICA IN THIS INTERACTIVE MYSTERY NOVELLA FOR SMARTPHONES AND TABLETS # # #
When alien DNA is spotted in the genetic code of algae living at a crater site in Ghana, sassy reporter Sam Peters goes after the story of her lifetime. Before she can start her research at Lake Bosumtwi, however, she has to cleave through the wilderness and escape feisty jungle animals by day and demon-like creatures from African folklore by night. And soon she has to ask herself, whether a creditable article on the front page of an esteemed science magazine is really worth risking her life.
# # # SOLVE AN INTRIGUING MYSTERY WHILE GOING AFTER THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE # # #
Help Sam Peters, the audacious protagonist of this suspenseful tie-in to the award-winning Secret Files adventure series, to solve all kinds of challenging quests and elaborate riddles as the title’s fascinating plot leads you right into the Ghanaian jungle. Visit exotic locations, investigate fascinating sceneries, meet interesting characters and collect helpful information. Find out what has been lying on the ground of Lake Bosumtwi for more than a million years.
# # # ENJOY AMAZING FEATURES AND A DEEPLY IMMERSIVE ATMOSPHERE # # #
• The latest spin-off of the best-selling Secret Files saga finally on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• An interactive novella for a slim budget price
• Scientific facts meet African mythology
• Play as Sam Peters, known from Secret Files 2: Purtas Cordis
• Lots of exotic locations with animated, carefully designed backgrounds
• Engrossing mystery gameplay with lots of demanding quests, riddles and puzzles
• High-quality visuals with amazing attention to detail
• Full voice acting by popular dubbing actors known from TV and cinema (plus sub titles)
• Spot-on touch controls and mobile-optimized UI
• Full access to all content and features – No unlockable episodes via IAP
# # # LINKS AND RESSOURCES # # #
• Secret Files website: http://secretfiles.deepsilver.com/en/
• Animation Arts website: http://www.animationarts.de/
• Secret Files on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/secretfilesgames
# # # SETTINGS & REQUIREMENTS # # #
Secret Files Sam Peters requires iOS 8.1 (or higher) and runs on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The game does not contain any in-app purchases or micro transactions. Instead, the initial purchase gives you access to the full array of content and features.
Minor bug fixes
New style for the "more games" panel
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This was a fun and engaging game. It's not an over the top action/thriller but it did keep me interested & engaged throughout. The puzzles aren't difficult but I don't think any of the puzzles in the more mainstream developers are mindbenders either. There were no glitches whatsoever & I had no issues with the game controls once I understood them (ei: moving characters around, picking up items). What I really liked was the main character-it's nice to see a woman character who is tough, who doesn't mind sprinkling in a little profanity to make her point & who can take care of herself in any situation. She can take on the case, solve a mystery, yet still be a woman at the end of the day. Games need more characters like that. What I LOVED tho was the ending where there was a moral discussion about indigenous peoples struggle to ward off outside aggressors while trying to maintain their own culture. I certainly didn't expect to see THAT in a game like this-it added depth & provided some food for thought in what would normally be considered a kiddie game.
Superb graphics, interesting story and puzzles. iPhone 7 the small windows thrust sometimes open in the corner doesn’t work and just shower as black screen. Not enough characters and dialogs. Most is the lead talking to herself.
Art and concepts...
Brilliant graphics, captivating detail and story line, and a very cute main character. The only thing was I had to restart my 12.5 inch 4th gen. iPad pro when I tried to save the game just after Sam lit the fire in the camp after arranging the sensors. It went into some kind of a feedback loop with “saving” frozen on the screen. But after that everything went smoothly. Save the game yourself. Don’t trust the “saved” prompt. Save it frequently. And enjoy. It’s a fantastic game.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Animation Arts Creative GmbH
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 Animation Arts Creative GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.