Kyms is an inviolable vault that allows you to hide and encrypt multimedia files, documents, passwords and much more with military grade security (AES Encryption).
Kyms is the only App on the Store that decrypts files in real time, without any waiting! By tapping on a video, for example, it will start immediatly and the decryption will continue in background.
With KYMS you can hide, encrypt and protect:
- Photos: includes also an editor with thousand of effects
- Videos: non standard formats too (Flv, Avi, Wmv, Mkv etc.) ALL DECRYPTED IN REAL TIME WHILE WATCHING!!
- Documents: Pdf, Text - can be created and edited -, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers, etc.
The KYMS Premium package, available as in-app purchase, lets you hide and encrypt also:
- Contacts: you can import your phonebook contacts or create new hidden contacts.
- Tasks: with expiration date and three priority levels.
- Cards: Credit cards or any other type of cards, with enhanced barcode reader.
- Recordings: You can also record audio files while your device screen is locked.
- Any paper document: thanks to the multipage scanner with automatic page detection.
The media can be imported from:
- Device photo library: select multiple items by dragging your finger and remove them from library automatically after import (iOS 8 is required).
- Device Camera
- iTunes: using USB cable or iTunes WiFi sync
- Your Mac or Pc through WiFi: by using a standard desktop browser and dragging files on it
- Web: Thanks to the integrated multitab browser with background download capabilities
Integrated Browser features:
- Multi-tab fast internet browser
- Password saving feature
- Ultra-simple video download feature: start a video to obtain the download button.
- Tap&Hold on any link to start download.
- Enhanced private bookmarks and history management with folder support
Pin & Password
Kyms includes a customizable database to create your secured pin and password archive.
Additional security features:
- Login with: 4-digits Pin+Alphanumeric password and Touch-Id login (Touch-Id is only available on iPhone5s, 6, 6 plus, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3)
- Panic Gesture: Put your hand on the screen or close the smart cover to log out immediately (not supported on iPod and iPad1)
In version 3.4.7:
- Bug fixes and improvements
In version 3.4.5:
- Support for new iPhones and iPads screen sizes
- Bug fixes and improvements
Note: Since version 3.4.4 the multiple SKIN feature is not yet available. The app show a regular pinpad to access
Ratings and Reviews
THE APP TO RULE THEM ALL (With A Side Of Salt)
I’ve been using this app for so many years it’s hard to even remember! I’ve been thru several generations of iPods and iPhones with this same app and this one has literally surpassed every other vault app I’ve ever tried by a landslide! Functionality is amazing and I’ve never had a major problem with them! That includes backing up and exporting everything to another device. I just have a thing of 2 for improvements. 1# PLEASE HAVE AN OPTION TO SAVE LIVE PHOTOS! God that’s one thing I’ve been begging for but no one has answered my prayers! It’s so simple but god I hate losing them just because I put them in the vault! And #2 Is More Of a connivence Thing, But In photo gallery now, you can zoom in on videos, so if you could add that as well as #1, I’d be set for life!😩 Keep It Up! And guys! This app is amazing, just pay 3 dollars and your set for life!
Gets worse with every update
The app genuinely gets worse with every update. About a year ago we lost video looping (one of the most useful features available— the dev said it would be back months ago but there is no return in sight). A few months ago, the icon changed to be more flashy and attention drawing. And with this new parallel archive, the app resets to its home screen every time you exit it, which is incredibly frustrating if you’re trying to reference something.
The parallel archive would be a great solution if not for it resetting when you leave the app; you could use one for your media and the more hidden one for credit cards. It seems rather half baked right now though, especially since you can’t transfer stuff from the hidden archive to the parallel one (I only want my cards there, the other stuff I don’t care about security).
Downloads are still occasionally unreliable and the browser desperately needs Adblock. It’s almost better to download things in safari and import later. Once in a while the browser closes all tabs randomly with no option to restore. It should also have a feature to see/delete the things that take up storage space.
This was my go to for storing extraneous images and videos, which was great for organization, but it’s slowly degrading. It used to be nearly perfect and I hope it gets some much needed quality of life upgrades.
Developer Response ,
we're currently working a complete new video player with pinch to zoom, a-b loop, playback speed. We hope to release this new player in a few weeks.
Great App, but why does it sabotage my memory???
I’ve been using this App as a Safe Box fo years, and it performs very well and is easy to use, however why does it hold on to precious storage space (3 to 4 Gigs) even after I’ve emptied it of everything, cleared the web history and have restarted my iPad several times? This is alarming to me. What is it keeping in the background to make the iOS system report there is still something there taking up precious space? I have to delete and reinstall again to recapture my storage space. It’s been doing this as long as I’ve had it. I can’t be the only one who’s noticed it. Why hasn’t this been fixed by now, or what is the explanation for it? Why has the developer ignored this question? I even asked the same via the website, and still no reply.
- IdeaSolutions S.r.l.
- 79.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014 Ideasolutions srl
- In-App Purchases
- Premium features $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.