Sector is a mapping tool for classic tabletop Science Fiction Roleplaying games.
With a single click Sector will generate an entire sector (16 subsectors) of worlds for you and your players to explore.
• Full UPP (Universal Planetary Profile) generation for every world
• Random name generation for all worlds, sectors and subsectors.
• Beautiful mapping that shows the mainworld size, atmosphere and surface type at a glance.
• Minor and major trade routes calculated and drawn on the map
• Clusters, chains and voids are automatically detected and named
• Pan and zoom the map with multitouch. Tap a world for more details. Tilt your device to shift the labels and routes slightly.
• Tap the map with two fingers to show or hide the navigation and toolbars
• Export your map as a beautiful PDF, or as a plain text listing.
• Import original plain text sector listings in the standard format. Many classic sectors are even bundles in the app!
That's not all - the map is editable! Tap the 'Edit' button and then tap hexes to remove a world you don't want, or add a world to a blank hex. Trade routes and cluster names are generated on the fly.
Note: requires the use of an RPG rules system. Contains materials from the Traveller SRD document: http://www.traveller-srd.com
Note: Mapping an entire sector is resource intensive. Recommended for iPad Pro and iPhone 6s devices or better.
This is a major update that improves efficiency and reduces crashes.
• The main map view has been completely re-written for improved speed and efficiency. Drawing speed, scrolling smoothness and memory use are all much improved.
• Adds the ability to create a blank sector for you to populate manually
• Adds 3D-touch actions to the map view. Try 3D touching a world hex - slide you finger up when peeking the world details to get quick access to editing actions.
• Integrates with Spotlight - try searching for world and sectors directly from your home screen search.
• Fixes a common cause of crashes when generating trade routes.
Ratings and Reviews
Fairly good, could do with some additional options
A few features I would like to see
- subsector only generation
-Settings for stellar density
-ability to modify generation settings, such as maximum TL, trade routes (and maybe the old jump routes rules from the 1977 edition), and other rolls.
But so far, excellent work.
Love this app but the new update seems to crash
Been playing around this app for a bit and I love the maps that it generates. It’s a great app for worldbuilding and running a tabletop game. Just recently the app starting crashing on startup but hopefully the developer fixes this soon.
Great sector generation
This is really cool, well done! I think the main thing that would be super helpful is to have an editable notes field to write my own reminders or interpretations of the upp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.