Now with improved mapping speed and efficiency
Sector is a mapping tool for classic tabletop Science Fiction Roleplaying games.
With a single click Sector will generate an entire sector (16 subsectors) of worlds for you and your players to explore.
• Full UPP (Universal Planetary Profile) generation for every world
• Random name generation for all worlds, sectors and subsectors.
• Beautiful mapping that shows the mainworld size, atmosphere and surface type at a glance.
• Minor and major trade routes calculated and drawn on the map
• Clusters, chains and voids are automatically detected and named
• Pan and zoom the map with multitouch. Tap a world for more details. Tilt your device to shift the labels and routes slightly.
• Tap the map with two fingers to show or hide the navigation and toolbars
• Export your map as a beautiful PDF, or as a plain text listing.
• Import original plain text sector listings in the standard format. Many classic sectors are even bundles in the app!
That's not all - the map is editable! Tap the 'Edit' button and then tap hexes to remove a world you don't want, or add a world to a blank hex. Trade routes and cluster names are generated on the fly.
Note: requires the use of an RPG rules system. Contains materials from the Traveller SRD document: http://www.traveller-srd.com
Note: Mapping an entire sector is resource intensive. Recommended for iPad Pro and iPhone 6s devices or better.
This is a major update that improves efficiency and reduces crashes.
• The main map view has been completely re-written for improved speed and efficiency. Drawing speed, scrolling smoothness and memory use are all much improved.
• Adds the ability to create a blank sector for you to populate manually
• Adds 3D-touch actions to the map view. Try 3D touching a world hex - slide you finger up when peeking the world details to get quick access to editing actions.
• Integrates with Spotlight - try searching for world and sectors directly from your home screen search.
• Fixes a common cause of crashes when generating trade routes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fairly good, could do with some additional options
A few features I would like to see
- subsector only generation
-Settings for stellar density
-ability to modify generation settings, such as maximum TL, trade routes (and maybe the old jump routes rules from the 1977 edition), and other rolls.
But so far, excellent work.
I mean, it’s not even a game, really. But it is super fun to build a sector and look around and it then imagine the story (and edit it).
There are some spelling errors which don’t effect the use and I’m guessing mean this is created by a non native English speaker (TL9 features “atrifical gravity” for example :) ). It doesn’t affect the use, just pointing it out. Good job on this app.
UPDATE: unfortunately, the app has become unresponsive. Now it starts to launch, shows the last system I was looking at, then crashes. Turned off phone three times, same result. A pity. This was my favorite new app. :(. I did find that I can export one system at a time so now I do that regularly and can import if the app dies and needs to be reinstalled but I shouldn’t have to do that. )
Sometimes worlds will lose their population. The number in the profile stays (3, or 9 for example) but the population number next to that says 0 and I’m pretty sure when it generates there were numbers there because I had recorded them.
Amazing app for Traveller and similar RPGs
Love this app! It’s an amazing way to rapidly generate a detailed sector map. And it’s editable!! The only thing I couldn’t find was a way to edit the name of the overall sector. Is there a way to do that yet? If not, would you be able to add that ability? If you could, this app would be perfect!
The developer, Taptix Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Taptix Ltd
- 14.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Taptix Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.