Secure Passphrase Generator is a quick and easy to use utility for creating pass phrases.
In today's world it's a good idea to use a secure password manager. But these are only as secure as the initial password you use to secure them. Since it's difficult to remember a good password (and scarily easy to crack insecure ones), a better solution can be to use a pass phrase. With a series of short words known only to you, it's easier to memorize and enter, but longer than a simple password, so overall security is much improved. This tool will help you create a pass phrase.
The Secure Passphrase Generator allows you to select an overall length, and then generate and copy the created pass phrase to the clipboard.
- Includes multiple word lists
- Word lists in English, Spanish, Esperanto, Maori, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, German, and Japanese (transliterated) as well as lists derived from the works of several authors
- Randomly selected sequence of 2-10 words
- Easily regenerate a new sequence
- Quickly copy the created sequence to the iOS clipboard
Options (in the Settings app, under "Passphrase"):
- Words can be separated by spaces or hyphens
- Optionally append a random number
- Optionally capitalize each word in a phrase
This release fixes the diceware-de word list (it had been accidentally changed to diceware-nl) and fixes a flaw that was causing some occasional crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost perfect diceware generator
Be been looking for a better diceware passphrase generator where the word list was not the standard diceware list. This app has many built in wordlists and they are based on unusual texts as well making the generated passphrase safer.
Another good aspect of this app is the inclusion of a dash to separate the words and a random number at the end.
However the app has a few fundamental features missing in my opinion.
To allow the generated passphrase to be used in most logins a capital letter option is missing. Most logins require aA number and symbol. This generator does not do caps. A small change slowing the option the capitalize the first letter of each word would solve this big issue.
While the first issue I pointed out is mandatory in my opinion, this next feature is a suggestion. It would make the generated passphrase safer if the user could set his own dividing symbol rather than the standard dash.
This app really is good...
But it needs at the very least Hyphens for in between words (many sites won't allow spaces in passwords).
Also the addition of numbers and symbols (allowing the user to control how many would be used) would be great i.e. The user can have the extra characters placed in between words or randomly throughout the generated passphrase.
- Charles Childers
- 8.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015-2017 Charles Childers
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.