The Seeing Eye GPS XT is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone app with all the normal navigation features plus features unique to blind users.
Unique to The Seeing Eye GPS XT™:
• Instead of multiple layers of menus, the three important navigation elements are on the lower portion of every screen: Route, POIs and Location.
• At intersections, the cross street and its orientation are announced
• Intersections are described (e.g. four-way) with the clock face orientation of the streets.
• There are three choices for POI data (Apple, Foursquare, and OSM).
• Directions are configured appropriately for Pedestrian and Vehicle routes, including heads-up announcements for approaching turns, turn now, continue straight and upcoming turns.
• If one wanders off the route, it's automatically recalculated and updated turn information is announced.
• Point your phone in a given direction to hear what is nearby with the LookAround Wand.
• Nearby Points of interest, intersections, and heading changes are automatically announced.
• Ability to run in the background or with the screen locked for iOS 7. If you are running an older version of iOS 6 only the sound effects will play and the phone will vibrate at turns and at your destination but no speech output. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Requires: Compatible with iPhone 5, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 WiFi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. iOS 9.0 or later.
The Seeing Eye GPS XT™ uses VoiceOver feature for audio voice output and does not contain its own voice synthesizer.
Supported Maps: U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Ger-many, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Lithuania, Argentina. Not all countries have full intersection descriptions.
Join us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/airaio
The Seeing Eye GPS XT continues to evolve with new features and improvements thanks to Aira Tech Corp.
This release includes:
Fixed an issue where users could not create routes to Aira Access Points.
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite GPS App
Whether it's hearing street names as I walk a new route, finding a place to have dinner with friends or learning more about the route my Uber driver takes, theres not a better tool than Seeing Eye GPS XT. In addition to the helpful information most GPS apps provide this one is taylored to give me information that I can't access easily any other way as a blind person.
iOS 13.2 crash
First of all, this app is amazing! Because of this app, I have been able to navigate my college campus safely and effectively. I depend on this app and have nothing but good things to say. However, ever since updating to iOS 13.2 on my iPhone 7,∫ app crashes immediately upon opening. I hope this bug is able to be resolved soon.
Where would I go with out it?
This app is by far the best acessible gps solution for the blind on the narket. I am so confident in this app I bought it for life. If googles absence from this app will lessen its effectiveness then I would encourage google to reconsider its stance pleas.
- Aira Tech Corp
- 85 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Hebrew, Serbian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 Sendero Group LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.