The Seeing Eye GPS, is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone app with all the normal navigation features plus features unique to blind users.
Unique to The Seeing Eye GPS™:
• Instead of multiple layers of menus, the three important navigation elements are on the lower portion of every screen: Route, POIs and Location.
• At intersections, the cross street and its orientation are announced
• Intersections are described (e.g. four-way) with the clock face orientation of the streets.
• There are three choices for POI data (Apple, Foursquare, and OSM).
• Directions are configured appropriately for Pedestrian and Vehicle routes, including heads-up announcements for approaching turns, turn now, continue straight and upcoming turns.
• If one wanders off the route, it's automatically recalculated and updated turn information is announced.
• Point your phone in a given direction to hear what is nearby with the LookAround Wand.
• Nearby Points of interest, intersections, and heading changes are automatically announced.
• Ability to run in the background or with the screen locked for iOS 7. If you are running an older version of iOS 6 only the sound effects will play and the phone will vibrate at turns and at your destination but no speech output. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Requires: Compatible with iPhone 5, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 WiFi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. iOS 9.0 or later.
Seeing Eye GPS uses VoiceOver feature for audio voice output and does not contain its own voice synthesizer.
Supported Maps: U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Ger-many, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Lithuania, Argentina. Not all countries have full intersection descriptions.
Join us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/airaio
The Seeing Eye GPS continues to evolve with new features and improvements thanks to Aira Tech Corp.
This release includes:
Fixed an issue where users could not create routes to Aira Access Points.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good but keep Google POIs
Works pretty good. There is no GPS that is exactly perfect every time. Some of the things that people are hoping for are not feasible and even some not possible. Google POIs are very crucial to this app and cooperation should happen in order to maintain them. The blind community has come to depend on this app for mobility independence and even safety. So let’s work together and find a way to make it happen.
Jim East from Gainesville Florida
I was really excited when I discovered that Sendero GPS now known as seeing eye GPS moved to the iPhone. Have been using Sandra products for nearly 15 years. Enjoyed each succession and I am very proud to be a active user of the Seeing Eye GPS. I am a guy dog handler who travels daily as a pedestrian as a bus fixed route bus traveler as well as an Uber rider. I also travel by Gray hound, and I fly regularly. A GPS app as for most drivers is awesome and if you are blind, it is just as necessary. You are able to give directions actively as I do helping to navigate new communities with my friends. Even in my hometown we go new places and said of just sitting there waiting to get there, I can be an active part of the trip. I went to a party in a neighboring community with a friend or a couple months ago. It was a 30 mile trip and I was able to help my friend know were each turn was, and we arrived actually quicker than we thought we would she was very grateful for the app as well. So thank you send Darrow thank you for everyone who is a part of it and thank you for all that thank you for the partners such as Googal and others who contribute to the success of seeing a GPS. I have dictated because I do not have a reliable keyboard, but please except my sentiment. This is an awesome app and I really appreciate having it and it making my travel and the travel I do with others safe and accessible.
please Bring Back The Annual Subscription Option
For over two years, I've been an avid user of your app. However, there have been two major blows recently. First, when you gave up Google POI's. The second blow is coming right now, when you have discontinued the annual subscription option.
Please bring back the annual subscription, with better pricing compared to the monthly option. Otherwise,purchasing this app no longer makes sense for me.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- GoodMaps Inc
- 85 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Hebrew, Serbian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 Sendero Group LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Thirty Day Subscription $5.99