Beloved by teachers around the world, Seesaw is the only educational platform built specifically to address the unique needs of elementary classrooms. Seesaw brings together high-quality instruction, authentic assessments that drive deep learning insights, and inclusive communication – in one place. With Seesaw, students have the power to show their thinking and share their learning, ideas and creativity with their teachers and families.
Used by 10M teachers, students and families in over a third of elementary schools in the US. Beyond the US, Seesaw is used in over 130 countries!
Teachers love Seesaw—out of 1000 teachers surveyed, 92% said Seesaw makes their lives easier.
Built on extensive educational research, Seesaw is validated by industry-leading third-party LearnPlatform as a designated evidence-based intervention, eligible for ESSA Federal Funding with Tier IV designation.
Awarded the ISTE Seal of Alignment. Grounded in learning science research and based on practitioner experience, the ISTE Standards ensure that using technology for learning can create high-impact, sustainable, scalable and equitable learning experiences for all learners.
High Quality Instruction
- Enable teachers to deliver high-quality, standards-aligned instruction that encourages student voice and choice
- Multimodal tools make learning accessible and engaging. Tools include video, voice, screen recording, photos, drawing, labeling and more!
- Present to Class mode designed for front of class modeling, whole class instruction and discussions
- Assign activities to all students for center/stations work or whole class independent work. Use student groups to easily differentiate assignments
- Over 1600 research-based and ready-to-teach lessons created by Seesaw’s curriculum experts with whole group instruction videos, 1:1 or small group practice activities and formative assessments. Includes robust lesson plans to support teacher implementation.
- 100k ready-to-assign activities created by our community of educators and 1600+ ready-to-teach scaffolded lessons
Inclusive Family Engagement
- Engage families as partners in the learning process through inclusive two-way communication though portfolios and messages
- Provide a window into the classroom and insight into their child's progress with frequent sharing of student posts and assignments
- Robust messaging with built-in translation into over 100 home languages
- Message Progress Reports to families to keep them informed
- Capture learning completed within and outside of Seesaw through digital portfolios that showcase student growth.
- Organize student work by folder and skill
- Simplify parent-teacher conferences and report cards
Assessment to Support Data-Driven Decisions
- Routinely assess student learning to glean meaningful insights into their understanding and make data-informed instructional decisions
- Formative assessments with auto-graded questions provided detailed and actionable reporting
- Tie skills and standards to activities for easy progress monitoring of key learning objectives
Accessible and Differentiated Learning
- Enable developmentally appropriate, accessible, and differentiated instruction to reach and engage all learners
Seesaw is COPPA, FERPA and GDPR compliant. Learn more at web.seesaw.me/privacy
Need help? Visit our Help Center at help.seesaw.me.
- Creative Tools: New colors and gradients in the Backgrounds tool!
- Improve Preview as a Student for teachers when previewing activities from the Resource Library
Ratings and Reviews
I teach 1st grade, and I love the way that Seesaw allows my students and me to share what is happening in our classroom. My students are able to record their voices, take pictures of their work, and share their thinking with me and with their families via Seesaw. It is also a really fast way for me to communicate with parents. I use Seesaw to send out my weekly class newsletter and to send out last minute announcements, as well. Great way for teachers, parents, and students to stay connected! Also, it is a great place for teachers to share things with each other. I use so many assignments from the community of teachers on Seesaw to advance the thinking and learning in my classroom. The only thing I wish were different about Seesaw is I wish I were able to assign things just to certain students instead of to the whole class. It would help me differentiate my assignments better. Maybe there’s a way to do that and I just haven’t figured it out yet... 🤷♀️ Not sure. But overall, Seesaw has been such a neat tool and resource for my classroom!
New Messaging Update is Awful
I LOVE this app and have been using it for 7 years. I was so excited when they said they were merging class and family into 1 and updating. The update is awful with messages though. I am a kinder teacher and it used to be so easy to find and message parents for my class. Now I have to jump through a ton of hoops to even create a message. I can’t just scroll through parent names of my class to send a message I have to actually know their names and search which often times in the beginning of the year I don’t off they top of my head. I have parents emailing that they can’t write a message to me or reply. They used to easily be able to just type under any message I sent and it would go privately to me. I have watched the video on this over and over but it doesn’t match what they see on their end. I love the idea of group messages but the rest of this is garbage. I was also hoping families would be able to add to their children’s journal since they help with the homework at home. Now they are having to log between student and family accounts. I hyped up this app to my families like I do every year but they are frustrated and not impressed this year. I hope they rework this or go back to the old user friendly way or we may have to find another program.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kay, we're so sorry that you've been having trouble with the most recent update. We are actively working to improve the user experience. Please contact us at https://help.seesaw.me/hc/en-us/requests/new. - Seesaw Support
Seesaw is stupid, TEACHERS PLEASE READ
Hello! Those of you who think Seesaw has a perfect Instagram- like setup, and super fun and easy, you are wrong! Seesaw is annoying. The computer Seesaw is better than the app one, but they are still stupid. Teachers, kids are allow to make random videos. Just imagine the inappropriate issues your trouble-making kiddos would do! Plus, there’s no preset comments. Those trouble-making kiddos in your class could swear or hurt someone’s feelings. It also encourages kids to sneak and watch classmate’s videos instead of doing work. There’s no way to ban video making. Kids reading this, you don’t want to have Seesaw, it’s little-kiddie. The grade ranges that do enjoy it is K-1, 2nd+ just hate it. Schoolagy (did I spell it right?) is more ages 3rd grade + and is perfect! It’s harder to make videos than just tapping a button, and you can like videos. Kids have fun doing that. Teachers can also make great videos. Teachers, if you prefer Microsoft Stream, when you are showing your students how to get to it, there will be a little button in the corner to view the video on Microsoft Stream! Teachers, video making on Schoolagy (if I didn’t spell it write, I’m sorry) is amazing. Do scratchy sound issues like on Seesaw. If you are a K-1 teacher, use Seesaw (it’s the best you got) Thank you for reading
Developer Response ,
Hi there! It sounds like your class may be having some problems with students posting inappropriate content. As a teacher, you can turn on the ability to review all posts before they become public to prevent unapproved random videos from appearing in your class. Teachers can also turn off students' abilities to make comments on other student's posts. If you have any questions or need some suggestions on how to set up your class settings, please check our Help Center or contact us at https://help.seesaw.me/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Seesaw Learning, Inc.
- 73.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2023 Seesaw Learning Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month of Seesaw Plus $12.99