Your ultimate SEGA squad is waiting. SEGA Heroes is loved by millions of players worldwide!
Team up with characters from over a dozen different SEGA games! Sonic the Hedgehog, Blaze Fielding, Alicia Melchiott and all your favorite SEGA all-stars unite in SEGA Heroes!
Collect legendary heroes from your favorite SEGA games, from Valkyria Chronicles to Jet Set Radio to Sonic The Hedgehog. Build an all-star team in this mash-up RPG of epic proportions!
Take your SEGA heroes through the adventure, test your endurance on Survival mode, or play against friends and millions of players around the world in the PvP arena.
All your favorite SEGA characters are here! See Sonic and Tails fighting alongside Gillius, B.D. Joe, Ryo Hazuki and Joe Musashi. Build a team with your favorite characters and unleash awesome attacks!
Fight against iconic enemies, like Sonic the Hedgehog’s foe Dr. Eggman, by playing match 3 puzzle games. Upgrade your heroes and match 3 gems to unleash their signature attacks in action-packed battles!
Join a growing community of SEGA and puzzle fans, become part of a Guild, level up your team and become the next SEGA hero!
EPIC SEGA ADVENTURES
● Battle classic SEGA bosses and minions in tactical Match-3 combat
● Go on an epic adventure through SEGA history
● Build an all-star team with your favorite characters from Sonic, Streets of Rage, Crazy Taxi and more!
● Battle famous bosses, including Dr. Eggman and Mr. X
● Enter Survival mode to see how far you can go
MATCH 3 PUZZLES
● Complete puzzles and progress through tons of levels
● Match 3 pieces to unleash awesome attacks
● Solve game puzzles to fight SEGA’s iconic bad guys!
● Join a Guild and chat with friends
● PvP matches - battle other players for supremacy in the arena
UPGRADE & EXPLORE
● Play live events, go on new adventures and earn special rewards
● Upgrade your heroes to unlock powerful special abilities
YOUR FAVORITE SEGA LEGENDS
● Sonic The Hedgehog: Sonic, Tails, Big the Cat, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy Rose, Rouge, Cream and Cheese
● Streets of Rage: Blaze, Adam, Axel, Mr. X
● Golden Axe: Death Adder, Ax Battler, Gilius, Tyris
● Shinobi: Joe Musashi, Ageha, Hotsuma, Hibana
● Super Monkey Ball: AiAi, Baby, MeeMee, GonGon
● Jet Set Radio: Gum, DJ Professor K, Beat, Captain Onishima
● Phantasy Star: Alis, Lassic, Wren, Rolf
● Crazy Taxi: B.D. Joe, Gus, Gena, Axel
● The House of the Dead: Dr. Curien, Agent G, Thomas Rogan, Ebitan
● Valkyria Chronicles: Alicia Melchiott, Selvaria Bles, Welkin Gunther, Largo Potter
● Shenmue: Ryo Hazuki, Shenhua, Tom Johnson, Ren of Heavens
● Altered Beast: Werewolf, Weredragon, Werebear, Neff
● New SEGA Heroes released regularly!
Join Sonic, Death Adder, Gum and all your favorite SEGA all-stars in an all-new match 3 RPG! Download SEGA Heroes today!
© SEGA, the SEGA logo and SEGA HEROES are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Thanks for playing SEGA Heroes!
Tails has had a look under the hood and improved the game by 42.4%! Thanks Tails!
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty fun match battle game
Been playing this game for 6 months and it’s only a handful that I play everyday. It’s that much fun. It’s the standard match 3, 4, etc tiles to trigger an attach on the opposing team. The animation is smooth and it’s definitely challenging once you get past level 20.
The reason for four stars instead of five is due to two bugs. One is sometimes the damage from the opposing team does not match the description, usually it’s higher by a factor. The other bug you will definitely encounter is during multiple tile matching hits. If multiple color tiles match, your team queues up the attacks which is normal. However, if one of the attacks manages to defeat the enemy, the other attacks still occur on the defeated enemy instead of one that is still fighting. This is a waste and actually detrimental to your team as it’s a wasted opportunity.
Overall I would still highly recommend this game! Ignore other reviewers who whine about not enough freebies and drops. It seems fair enough to me for a micro transaction game. You don’t have to pay to get ahead, it will just take longer.
Cant successfully continue
I like sega games in the past, so i gave this game a shot; only to be disappointed. The game looks good and is in fact a little addictive but unfortunately it is the constant winning in the beginning that people will fail to realize(that this is all a set up) yes!!! I said “set up” why a set up? Didn't u say it was addictive? Yes but the set up is in the shop of the game.
You are bombarded with multiple deals for in game content such as gems/coins/chests/shards(of in-game characters that are needed to unlock the character) side note: some characters require 10 shards to unlock said character; and more stronger characters require 50 shards or more than that!!/items to upgrade your characters power and i mean a lot of items to upgrade your characters power and the prices for the in game content is extremely high for a game that constantly floods your screen with new deals and newsletters on a daily basis(cannot be turned off). So now on to my favorite set up, okay so as u continue to win in this game only in the beginning that is; u will soon realize that your team of sega heroes are the same weak characters from the start( you may get 1 new epic character to balance out the set up) with the 4 weak characters that you have it is going to be disproportionately difficult because you will not be able to unlock good to great characters unless you pay for them in the shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great game, but poor profit strategy
Let me start off by saying I love this game, the concept, and SEGA itself. But whoever thought it would be a good idea to make the level progression insanely difficult in hopes people spend money on upgrade items are really poor businessmen. Sure, in theory that sounds like a good strategy, but it’s not sustainable. To make money, you have to make the rewards worthwhile. Make people want to continue playing the game by making the level progression reasonably achievable. For example, if I lose a really hard level, let me use gems to continue playing the level. If I run out of gems, I’ll spend a few bucks to make sure I beat the level.
It’s not impossible to avoid spending money playing this game, it will just take a lot longer to progress. Even still, I spent $4.99 on gems and that still got me no where. Realistically, you’d have to spend $50 to get farther than a level or two a day. Like I said, this is a poor business strategy because it makes an otherwise fun and addictive game seem pointless unless you’re willing to drop money on something that will get you only so far.
TL;DR: You’ll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Consider following the set up used in the other Sonic apps, which I’ve happily dropped money on and continue to play to this day.
- Sega America
- 158 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and SEGA HEROES are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Pile of Gems $1.99
- Pouch of Gems $4.99
- Bucket of Gems $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.