With sEGments slicer/sampler app you can Import any loop/sample/audio file and find the best samples inside it, using the automatic transient detection or manually adding markers.
You can play the slices with any MIDI external controller or with the builtin pads and keyboard layout; also each slice can be played chromatically as in a real synth with mono or polyphonic voices (up to 12).
Each slice has independent parameters (all automatable in any AU host), such as reverse, level, attack, release, start point and length and individual fxs (reverb, delay, bitcrusher and filter) that can be changed on the fly thanks to its flexible audio engine.
sEGments automatically detect BPM and root key of your audio file and it can adjust its tempo and pitch according to your project settings.
It can be used both in standalone or hosted as AudioUnit AU3 inside apps like GarageBand, AUM, BeatMaker3, NanoStudio2, n-Track9 and others, and it supports AU Multi-output.
- Stand-alone, AudioUnit, AudioUnit Multi-output & AudioUnit FX
- Universal app for both your iPad & iPhone
- MIDI in /MIDI out
- AU3 multi-output
- AU3 Fx to record samples from other apps
- import your sample in multiple formats (wav, aiff, mp3, mov, caf, m4a)
- Samples Drag & drop from File App or via airdrop from your Mac or other iOS devices
- Up to 16 slices each one with individual parameters, ADSR and effects (delay, reverb, bit crusher and filter)
- 6 triggering modes - one shot, gate, loop, ping pong, link, thru
- BPM & Key detection
- Record from device mic, usb audio devices or other apps
- Transient detection
- Transient beat division
- Import/export presets
- Open slices directly in EG Pulse
- Support Apple loops transients recognition
- Lazy chopping
- Realtime time stretching and pitch shifting
- Mono & polyphonic up to 12 voices
- Downloadable sample pack by Soundtrack Loops
Please remember that is just the first version of the app, so if you have any feeback, request or suggestion please write at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your great response and feedback on the app.
- fixed AU not loading at startup
- AU window fully scalable and resizable
- fixed mono settings for new slice
- fixed THRU triggering mode in slice parameter section
- fixed crash with apple loops having more than 16 slices
- fixed mixbus dropdown size on iPhone
- fixed waveform disappearing
- fixed note cutoff with gate triggering mode
- fixed MIDI app name in standalone app
- fixed Aiff Apple loops automatically import of markers (also via Airdrop)
- fixed import of files with emoji or emoticon in filename
- fixed 'open in' from other apps (AudioShare)
- multi output mixer bus configuration will not be reset after a preset change
- fixed reloading of presets with sync tempo enabled
If you have any feeback, request or suggestion please write at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We’ve been waiting a long time for this one. So easy to use. I’d say this is one of my top 5 app purchase this year and definitely the best for slicing. The shot slice mode in itself is worth the price of admission. I would love to see the ability to replace individual slices with other samples, but I do realize that could be a different genre of a music app all together. Thank you Elliot Garage for such amazing work!
After playing around with it there’s some things I’d like to see
Would really like to be able to hold a slice down and have it play continuously while playing another slice like Abu Dhabi in Korg Gadget. I’m not a huge fan of Gadget, but going back and playing
with it recently made me realize how well thought out that sampler is and its superb effect options. With sEGments you’re not stuck in a walled garden though and that is huge.
I think the best elements from BM3’s sampler, Abu Dhabi and Ableton’s simpler would be amazing, but also a huge undertaking that might be out of scope of this app. Still a must have app and this developer surprised me with his speed implementing stuff in his other app. 👌
Looks like something comparable to Ableton’s simpler dropped on iOS.
Dev, would you please consider adding copy slice to another slice slot? Thanks for your tremendous work so far 💯👌
Lovely, accessible slicing and fantastic integration with EG pulse. This app motivated me to move my entire old vinyl and cd collection to iCloud and I’m having a blast revisiting my old music collection, slicing a track to pads and seeing what pops up as I adjust the threshold on autodetect. Absolutely perfect for anyone who doesn’t want to work because they want to bang on the drum all day.
- andrea angelini
- 66.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © ElliottGarage @2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.