Seismo is a little free application that allows you to get a list of earthquakes from around the world.
Seismo uses the data feed provided by United States Geological Survey (USGS) to display the details about all earthquakes from the list.
• NEW: Introduces native build for Apple Silicon Macs
• UI: Update the User Interface to be more consistent with macOS Big Sur
• IMPROVEMENT: modernise the code base to remove the use of deprecated API calls
• FIX / FUNCTIONAL CHANGE: Fixes a bug causing the local time of the earthquake to be displayed incorrectly as UTC, regardless of the location. In the past, the data source for the earthquakes included the time offset off UTC for the location where the earthquake took place, and Seismo was able to use this information to calculate the local time for the location of the earthquake. This version of Seismo changes that behaviour, as the time offset off UTC is no longer reported. Instead, Seismo uses the Local Time Zone of the system it runs on, and displays the times in UTC as well as the Local Time Zone for each of the earthquakes.
Ratings and Reviews
Let’s talk science. Yes, great app and it shows you what happened, and I mean just now. We had a 5.4 nearby (200 miles) and bingo!, there it is! I felt it so by the time I opened my Mac it was posted. If you want music, try iTunes. If you want color and bling, go downtown on Black Friday. If you live on planet earth and want to have a good list of earthquakes, use Seisomo. It’s great! Thanks for the app.
Great app, data is true and useable.
Very easy and straightforward. Would like to see the world map a bit bigger and an option to switch between standard and metric values. Well done app.
You get what you pay for with this free app
It’s not worth the download. The screen shot is a bit misleading, suggesting there is some connection between the map image and text. There is no real interactivity or sense of immediacy with the app. It’s not an app; it’s actually just a table of recent seismological readings and events coupled with a link to a U.S. Geological Survey report of the quake. I didn’t have to pay for this “app," and yet I still feel duped.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michal Krzysztofowicz
- 9.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Michal Krzysztofowicz