Help when you need it, for those with seizure disorders.
SeizAlarm is a user-friendly iPhone and Apple Watch app which allows those with epilepsy and other seizure disorders to alert emergency contacts when they need help*.
- Seizure detection. Seizure-like detection is done via the motion sensors on the iPhone and/or motion sensors or heart rate sensor on the Apple Watch. Sensitivity controls allow you to set customized settings specific to you. When a potential seizure is detected, emergency contacts will automatically be contacted via multiple channels (text message, phone call, and email).
- Send immediate help requests manually to emergency contacts.
- Also available is a manually activated time delayed help request feature (via the "Time Delayed Help" button) that is helpful for those that have localized seizures (auras) that may turn into generalized tonic-clonic seizures. You are able to custom set the delay time in the settings. When a seizure warning is initiated you will see a countdown which can be extended via the press of a button. If you end up becoming unresponsive due to a seizure then once the timer ends then a help request will be sent.
- When a help request is sent your contacts will be contacted with GPS coordinates (if available), so they know exactly where you are.
- You can are also able to track your seizure events with robust logging features. A log dashboard gives you a high-level view of past events. You can also export reports to provide to your doctor.
- SeizAlarm also supports multiple emergency contact support, so more than one person can be contacted when you need help.
- Optional audible siren and/or custom voice message that plays if a help request is sent.
- International phone number support for emergency contact(s).
Help is just a button press away. Start taking back your independence today.
Please give us feedback on how the seizure detection is working for you. The more feedback we receive will provide us the information we need to improve detection and reduce false alarms in future versions.
If you have any questions or have feedback, please contact us at: email@example.com. We want to make SeizAlarm the best that it can be, so feedback from our users is very important to us.
- Does not support a Watch set up with "Family Setup".
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Recommended placement of the iPhone for seizure detection is on the arm using an arm band.
- Long use of Watch based seizure-like motion and elevated heart rate detection may dramatically decrease watch battery life.
*New accounts receive a 2 week trial of the "Alerts" service which allows the user to manually or automatically (via seizure-like motion detection) request help from emergency contacts. Once the trial ends, the user must subscribe to the "Alerts" service to continue to have the ability to request help. The "Alerts" service is an auto-renewing cost of $14.99/month or $149.99/year.
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* The payment will be charged to the user's iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. The robust seizure log features require no subscription.
End User License Agreement: http://www.seizalarm.com/seizalarm_EULA.pdf
* Misc Bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Has saved my life
This has saved my life more than once so far. Once with a series of seizures originally starting as focal aware seizures so the app goes off but I can dismiss it but then after around 15-20 I had a tonic clonic and was rushed to hospital. I had a number of tonic clonic seizures in between and was put on diazepam. They found out that after all the seizures that I suffered a minor stroke and that I was positive for Covid. Early detection in general saved me and although it’s tough to recall all other events because of the stroke recovery, it’s helped numerous times.
I have lupus and have also been diagnosed with anti phospholipid syndrome and a number of other rheumatoid diseases. Typically this app gives me a good warning by telling me when I’m having focal aware seizures that would normally go unnoticed and would lead to a tonic clonic if I didn’t take more medication or rest for a moment. People had been saying that I would mix words around and not make any sense and I would have this sensations of needing to stare or nod in some situations.
Developer Response ,
So sorry to hear what all you are going through, but I am very happy to hear that SeizAlarm is helping you. If you ever have issues or have questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When originally downloaded this app I was extremely disappointed in it. It was draining my battery and the alarm was going off with every motion. They have made significant updates lately to this app. I also emailed back and forth with a great customer service rep who helped me to get all of my settings exactly where they needed to be to work properly for me. She didn’t give up until everything was working exactly right. I have only had 2 seizures ever and both have happened at night in my sleep. Thanks to the wonderful customer representative who helped me get all of my settings correct I can give my husband piece of mind while I am sleeping because he knows that he will be alerted if I have a seizure. (Before the representative helped me with my settings the app had missed alerting him of the two seizures that I had had and I was getting ready to delete and cancel my membership. )
Developer Response ,
Battery life is certainly something we're sensitive to, and it is true that we do not control how Apple manages battery usage. We have optimized battery life as much as Apple will allow us, and we will continue to explore ways to decrease battery consumption. We have had users report that overnight they were getting 9+ hours out of one charge. You do have to be careful of what other applications or services are running at the same time. The apps will compete for resources. We have tips on optimizing battery life listed on our website at http://www.seizalarm.com/support. Always feel free to reach out to us for continued support.
I had an embrace/empatica watch stop working without any indication that it had stopped working until I had a seizure. I would never trust *that* product again so I took the jump to get an Apple Watch SPECIFICALLY for this app and I have to say it’s the best decision I’ve made. I do need to reach out to support though - had an issue where I couldn’t cancel the alert because the button wasn’t working? But I just want to say for anyone wondering? I basically dropped $500 (that frankly I don’t have the money for - but it’s for my safety and again I would never trust a product that stops working with no indication at all possible to know..) for this and it’s been worth EVERY penny. Thank you to the developers and every good review convincing me that the extremely large purchase was good enough only to have it proven approx a day after with another breakthrough seizure. You guys are amazing!
Developer Response ,
Thank you Mikayla! We are so very happy to hear that the app and the service have worked so well for you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SeizAlarm, LLC
- 30.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 SeizAlarm, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Help Request Service (Monthly) $14.99
- SeizAlarm Alert Service $6.99
- Help Request Service (Yearly) $149.99
- SeizAlarm Alert Service $69.99