Self-Control is based on my simple idea, that we can forget our password for a while to block ourselves from logging in social networks, online games and other online distractions / addictions.
• Firstly, the app generates a randomly ordered 15-character password, such as yJQV4RgcUexF82, it is not easily remembered, right?
• Secondly, you have to CHANGE the password by yourself, replace the current one with that password. To do this, go to your Account Settings page on Facebook or other services like Twitter, Tumblr, DotA, League Of Legends, ...
• Thirdly, set the TIMER, tell the app when to show you the password again. It should be the time you finish your study, your work
• Lastly, LOG OUT, and that's it! Now you are temporarily disconnected from your social networks and have no way to get back in. Let's focus on your work, enjoy real life and use your energy on things that matter
• You should not write the password out, so this method is useless
• You should not let the browser remember your password, so ONE password can be used over and over again
• Don't worry when the app is accidentally DELETED, get it again from the App Store and everything will be restored!
• The password is presented on two lines, so you can choose your own geometric pattern to re-order the characters to create a DIFFERENT password
• There are options to PROTECT your passwords from other users on your devices, from Touch ID to a 4-digit passcode
• I believe that people have their right to control themselves from the attraction of technologies. There are more and more people get sick of Internet addiction but hardly do anything to escape it
• Social media is an integral part of our lives, it helps overcoming geographic distances and sharing knowledge around the world. But some companies have been exploiting its entertaining features for their own profit, they commercialize our lives, enjoy to see us wasting our time, so I'm here to help.
• Lastly, although we can easily connect with anyone around the world, we face difficulties while talking face-to-face with the important ones. Let's think about it, let's disconnect to stay connected in real life with real relationships
Improved timing technology to make waiting time more precise
Revamped user interface and a beautiful, artistic font family
Ratings and Reviews
Go to the Settings app, change system time, all it takes to bypass this app.
Please don’t waste your $.99. This app is if no use.
Great in theory
I love the idea but there's no way for you to copy the password. So you either have to write it down or take a picture of it in order to put your new password in. And then you have to destroy what you wrote or erase the picture so you won't just use the new password. Defeats the purpose.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.