Semaphor combines the best features of collaboration apps and encrypted messaging apps. Your team can work together through team messages, direct messages, and file sharing. Semaphor is secured by the power of private blockchain and end-to-end encryption.
Semaphor brings you and your team:
› End-to-end encryption to protect every file and conversation
› Fast file uploads
› Secure file sharing
› Private direct messaging
› Unlimited, project-specific channels
› Real-time communication and collaboration
› Password-less account creation
› Native offline mode
› Mobile and desktop friendly
› Enterprise and LDAP ready
› Supports bots and integrations
› HIPAA/FINRA/FIRPA compliant
› Reviewable source code
To find out more about Semaphor, visit our website or send us an email. We always welcome your feedback and suggestions.
- Basic: Free 30-day conversation history
- Standard: Unlimited conversation history and access to Standard channels. $8.99/month
- Pro: Unlimited conversation history and access to Pro channels. Team admin pays for all team members. $8.99/user/month
- Payments will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the your Account Settings after purchase.
By installing this app you agree to SpiderOak's:
Term of Use, https://spideroak.com/policy/terms-of-use
Service Agreement, https://spideroak.com/policy/service-agreement
This version of Semaphor improves on the updated look that we rolled out in April and continues to bring new features and fixes from our development team. Our teams have been working tirelessly to not only implement changes you asked for, but to find better ways to execute the features you already enjoyed.
Your feedback, suggestions, and reports make a huge difference to our team. Please don’t ever hesitate to reach out to us through support.spideroak.com, @SpiderOak on Twitter or on Facebook at facebook.com/SpiderOak.
## New Features:
- Add notice for data storage
- Updated styling
- Removed URIs
- Update device OS/version identification code
- Upload all file types from Android
## Bug Fixes:
- Fixed Android attachment error
- Fixed back-button Android corner cases
- Mobile rendering improvements
- Large screen improvements
- Channel switcher improvements
- Channel search improvements
- Fixed channel selection error when adding team members
- Fixed multiple activation in team/channel creation
- Fixed broken channel view after leaving team
- Team switcher improvements
- Fixed avatar change not working
- Fixed input context menu not appearing when spellcheck is unavailable
- Dialog improvements
- Autocomplete improvements\
- Fixed devices sort order
- Fixed About dialogue
- Scrolling improvements
- Fixed code injection in Markdown URL parsing
- Fixed HTML injection in editor mention tag
- Added page reload mitigation for desktop
- Confirmation code improvements
- Update Electron to disable its executable stack
- Adjusted pattern matching so that display names will be highlighted in a message even when it’s adjacent to a non-word character
Ratings and Reviews
iPhone X Support Required
Why this update would not include iPhone X display support? Waited long enough for an update.
Bad on notification
You don't even know you have a message unless you actively check the app. There's no badge or anything unless you happen to be staring at your screen when it comes through. It's pointless to send feedback to the developers because they don't follow-up. This app hasn't even been updated in over 2 years!!
Great security, mediocre everything else
I appreciate that Semaphor provides a much more private and secure alternative to Slack. But its user experience is inferior to Slack in every way; and that makes it harder to use and harder to persuade others to use, and thus makes its security and privacy benefits illusory.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SpiderOak, Inc.
- 20.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © SpiderOak, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Personal Plan Monthly $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.