Semitone is a music theory education and reference app that helps you learn about music through interactive challenges and extensive reference material for piano and guitar.
▸ Interactive Challenges:
- Complete the Chord Progression: Test your understanding of keys and modes by figuring out which chord is missing.
- Complete the Scale: Figure out which note is missing from the scale.
- Note, Interval, Chord, and Scale identification challenges for piano and guitar.
▸ Chord and Scale Reference for Guitar and Piano:
- Charts featuring chords for most common scales, useful for memorizing chords by key, transposing songs, or learning songs by ear.
- Chord and scale diagrams for piano and guitar.
Let us know your thoughts! We're hoping to make Semitone the most approachable way of learning music theory, and would love to have your feedback as we plan out our next features.
▸ Updated app preview
▸ Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Valuable tool for learning theory
Love the app and already have found it useful for learning the chords for each key and improving my ability to transpose on the fly. I use the reference chart a lot for that. It would be helpful to have a circle of fifths view also in the reference section instead of just the grid layout.
I find the chords by key chart most helpful for this app when trying to learn songs by ear. The chords and scales for guitar are great too. Would love to see arpeggios here as well.
Good reference app
Great for chord and scale reference. I use it mostly for scales and changes while soloing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.