SendToX (previously called 7toX) brings your Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro 7 or 6 XML into Final Cut Pro X so you can use Apple’s powerful new professional editing tools to update or finish your older projects. The lightweight application is simple to use, with drag-and-drop support and progress information. SendToX translates important metadata from your Project XML — including bins, clips, subclips and sequences — to a new Event in Final Cut Pro X with the highest fidelity of any translation application for Final Cut Pro. In addition, the application provides clear, detailed reporting after every translation.
• Final Cut Pro version 10.0.6 or later
• An application that exports Final Cut Pro XML (such as Premiere Pro CC, Final Cut Pro 7 or 6 , DaVinci Resolve, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Final Cut Pro 7 will not run on macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later!
Choose from three simple methods to translate Final Cut Pro 7 XML to Final Cut Pro X XML:
• Run SendToX and use the Open dialog to locate your exported XML file
• Drag-and-drop the XML file onto the SendToX application icon
• Right-click on the XML file in the Finder and choose Open With > SendToX
SendToX displays a progress bar during XML translation and, when completed, adds the new Event to the Event Library. The Event contains clips for each media file and Compound Clips for each sequence.
SendToX supports both Final Cut Pro X and the Final Cut Pro X Trial.
SendToX produces the highest fidelity translation of your Final Cut Pro Project, including the following conversions:
• Bins become Keyword Collections, complete with original Log Notes and comments
• Sequences become Compound Clips and are tagged with a “Sequences” keyword to make them easy to find
• Multicam Clips are fully supported
• Original track structures are represented by Roles
• PICT files are automatically converted to TIFF files
• 31 transitions are translated to matching transitions
• 72 video FxPlug and FxScript filters are translated to matching video filters
• 32 audio filters are translated to matching audio filters
• Layered Photoshop files are accurately translated to Layered Photoshop files in Final Cut Pro X
• Motion Tab settings (Scale, Rotation, Center, Crop, Distort and Opacity) are translated to Transform settings (Scale, Rotation, Position, Crop, Distort and Compositing Opacity)
• Composite Modes are translated to matching Compositing Blend Modes
• Constant speed changes are translated
SendToX adds red to-do markers to items that have been changed or substituted during translation. You can easily view these markers in the Timeline Index in Final Cut Pro X, and quickly jump to a specific marker to review any change in context in the timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
• Does it work with .fcp project files? - The Final Cut Pro project file is a binary format proprietary to Apple. The XML must be exported from FCP 6 or 7.
• Does it work with Final Cut Pro 6 or 5? - User testing shows that SendToX does work with XML from FCP 6 and 5. We have a concern with speed changes as that changed with version 7.
• Does it work with Final Cut Express? - Unfortunately Final Cut Express does not export XML, which is what SendToX translates. It is possible, if you have an accommodating friend, to import your project (with media) into Final Cut Pro and then export Final Cut Pro 7 (or 6) XML.
• Bug fix for .CRM files with timecode
• Bug fix for some still images that are encoded as nested sequences
Ratings and Reviews
Hit and Miss
I tried about 10 projects three seemed to come in more or less intact, it doesn't seem to be able to handle things I created in After Effects (animated titles) and rendered to Quicktime Movies and then placed in FCP 7 and none of the cross dissolves created in FCP 7 came across either, nor did still image portions created in FCP 7. I'm pleased someone is working on this conundrum but it's still got some rough edges. Some projects only had portions show up of more or less straight clips which were the same as those shot at the same time as those which did show up when ported to FCP X, that is a bit of a mystery to me.
The timeline on those projects would have large sections of just black once imported into FCP X with a few clips here and there which would show up.
I'm using a 12 core with 32 gigs of ram so the process was pretty much instantanious which was nice to see. The projects were all under 5 minutes in
running time I haven't tried any longer pieces. Many straight unanimated titles which fade in and out created in FCP 7 came thru but not consistently in all
For $10 it's priced fairly
Powerful and Essential Tool
So happy with this purchase! SendToX did exactly what I needed it to do, taking the XML from Premiere Pro CC 2019 and sending it into FCPX 10.4.4 and giving me the exact replica of the sequence with clips and all. Talking with the good folks at Intelligent Assistance was also rewarding. I would highly recommend the app.
uhhhh... can I have my money back?
I exported a sequence from Premiere Pro into FCPX and I got nothing that resembled the original sequence. FCPX project was full of gaps and missing audio and I dont even know what. Definitely not worth it. Should have bought a burrito....
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.