Have you ever been concerned about online privacy? Would you mind someone reading your mail? If your answer is "Yes" then SenseMail is for you! Protect your communications with this state-of-the-art application. SenseMail is easy to use, a secure e-mail client for your favorite email providers. We thought of every possible threat to your data when we created this app.
SenseMail protects your privacy from the application launch to reading your messages. No data leaves your device or is stored unprotected. SenseMail uses industry-standard algorithms to ensure that your information is safe. We protect it with AES-256 encryption with compression and secure hashes, and we never send or store your data unencrypted. Without a password, no one can read your messages. The use of slow crucial 1-2-second derivation functions to convert your passwords into keys makes brute-forcing economically unfeasible with a password longer than six symbols. You can also add multiple mail accounts to SenseMail, and you can create several completely independent profiles, only enter a profile's password for access. The app will never complain about a wrong password: it will show what it takes for it to make a guess harder.
To launch the app, you need to enter a pin that protects your local storage. To send a message, you need to enter a password that the recipient must know to read your mail. If you wish, you can use a unique password for each recipient or even for every message. You can also exchange keys with the other party, tap in a password, and your email will be protected with a 256-bit certificate that is much more secure than a password.
The price you pay for the security is a short delay before you open a message or access your data. However, we did our best to make SenseMail easy to use and to get a positive user experience.
Key features are:
- All your data, such as messages, settings, contacts, notes, and images are secure
- We have no means to recover your data or passwords should you forget it
- SenseMail uses public e-mail service providers. Gmail works best!
- No message storage on your device.
- Supports pre-exchanged 256-bit keys to provide maximum security
- There are two password types – one to enter the app to secure your local data. The other is to encrypt a message you send
- AES-256, HMAC, PBKDF2, SHA-256, gzip algorithms for protection
- Connects to virtually any IMAP mail provider
- Combined Inbox folder for all your accounts
- Read/send unencrypted messages
- Has built-in server settings for major e-mail providers
- Secure storage for image gallery, contacts, and notes
- Only one recipient for a message (for security reasons – do not use the same password for several people)
- Cannot save drafts (again, for security reasons – we do not store any irrelevant data on a device)
- Attachments count is not limited but is it advised to keep it below 10 for optimal memory usage (i.e., for iPod touch)
- Only IMAP TLS is supported (security reason again)
- No searches on message body or subject for protected e-mails (since you need to enter a password to gain access to it)
- No push
iPad UI redesigned
Fixed the message view window to eliminate horizontal scrolling
Redesigned the address book editor
Added color settings for light/dark mode
Numerous improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great and unique secure email app
Our phones and tablets are not actually secure from close friends and family because we often allow them to know our PIN and add their fingerprints. This is the ONLY app available to hide our private email from these people who normally look at our photos, and even messages.
This app has many great features that really hide our private information. It is smart enough not to present a “failed password” message, so anyone typing in the wrong password simply sees a blank app, with no email accounts. It’s really smart.
There is also a private storage space for secret photos and images (but not video).
This app can even be used on a business phone or tablet, which is supplied by your company, yet it can hide your personal emails from the IT administrator (who otherwise has access to everything on your phone).
It is recommended you use an IMAP email server because there is no copy of your Sent emails on this app (for security reasons) and in fact no email is even saved on it. Every session it retrieves your IMAP emails (most recent ones; you can ask it to get more older email).
This turned out to be a great app but lack of detailed documentation and a rather mediocre user interface makes it a little difficult getting started. However, once it is set up, it is a fantastic app. It really keeps your email private.
Can’t get it to work.
I just wanted an ap that wouldn’t open without a pin.
I could receive, but not send emails.
The ap. Producers, to their credit, got back to me in less than 24 hrs.
I’m informed I have to make sure my smtp? Settings are correct.
I try to send them unencrypted , I can’t.
I “ might have to create a “ white list”? Of recipients...
Waaaay above my head....
They told me I might have to call my email prividers technical support.....call Microsoft live mail? Does anyone have a real phone number anymore? With a wait time under 2 hrs?
I just opened the ap again. And it’s not loading my email ,
Whereas yesterday , and earlier today, it did.
If you just want an email ap to hide your Christmas purchases.
Or are a teen hiding stolen test answers or mall hookups.
This ap is too complicated. It’s waaaaaay above my head, I’m not smart enough to figure out this ap, I’m only 55 with two degrees and an airline pilot.
If you are James Bond or a foreign spy,
Your tech department will probably get this set up for you.
It was 10$ I wish I hadn’t spent.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Creepytwo Labs Ltd
- 15.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Creepytwo Labs Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.