Quickly view and export video clips recorded from your Tesla vehicle's dashcam or Sentry Mode.
Simply insert your TeslaCam USB drive into your computer, open SentryCam, and select the TeslaCam folder.
• view all 4 camera angles at once and in sync
• easily scrub through clips using the time slider
• quickly open clips in Finder, right from the app
• clips are sorted in chronological order for easy browsing
• viewer jumps to the next event when a video ends for a seamless viewing experience
• select a specific timestamp in the menu to jump to that time
• view "Saved", "Recent", and "Sentry" clips by switching the mode toggle
• combine all three camera feeds and export a single video file
• filename matches timestamp of the original videos so you know exactly what was exported
• no more searching through your TeslaCam drive to find that *exact* video
• three different export sizes depending on your need (1/3, 1/2, full)
• small video size = low resolution = smaller file size = for social media
• large video size = high resolution = large file size = for reporting / investigations
• NOTE: exporting at higher resolutions may take 30 seconds or longer
• clear up space on your TeslaCam drive by removing clips that are no longer needed
• delete all 4 camera angles of a clip together
• remove just one clip, a whole Saved or Sentry event, or the entire Recent, Saved, or Sentry folders
• CAUTION: Deleting files is tricky, and this is a new feature. Please use carefully.
• NOTE: files are only moved to the Trash, just in case you delete the wrong clips. Empty the Trash folder to permanently remove these clips
Please make sure your Tesla vehicle is capable of recording dashcam footage to a USB flash drive.
SentryCam is not responsible for loss of data on your flash drive.
Always safely eject your USB drive from your vehicle and your computer to avoid corrupting its contents.
(SentryCam is not affiliated with Tesla, Inc. Sentry Mode, TeslaCam, and all other Tesla product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla, Inc.)
Hello Tesla Family! Just a quick round of bug fixes and improvements for you this time:
- Improved layout and navigation
- Added a progress bar when exporting so you know exactly how much time is left
- Fixed an issue where clips would fail to export but exporting would remain stuck for eternity
- Fixed a bug where exporting a file that already existed would cause the export to fail
More features and updates coming soon!
Ratings and Reviews
This App could use a bit of AI
You are off to a great start in making this App better than what we can do manually but, following are a few features that would put a big smile on Tesla owner's faces.
1. Help us identify the SENTRY EVENT that triggered the video clip.
First idea is to highlight moments in the clips where movement was detected and give us a way to navigate to those moments rather than staring at 4 cams waiting for some movement to occur. Perhaps offering a visual blip on the timeline for each camera
2. Help us by automatically differentiating and segmenting our videos
a) video captured while Tesla was moving
b) video captured while Tesla was parked
3. Help us by allowing us to select a camera to forward to the moment when motion was next detected on that particular camera
Developer Response ,
Glad you like the app so far! And thank you for the suggestions! AI-driven event detection is definitely something I am looking into, and I’ll hopefully bring it to the app soon.
much better than manual
Nice to not have to go through clip by clip. Did notice a few opportunities:
- Play and Pause could be more responsive, hard to stop it where I want it
- Screen capture of frozen image would be nice
- Ability to adjust each video image size would be nice
- a 5x speed option would be good
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! I’ll be working to add these features to the app soon.
This app has potential but unfortunately is only good as a viewer. The scrubbing mechanism is buggy, you can't enlarge one camera's footage over another and the controls just aren't intuitive. The beta deletion button doesn't work and you can't easily identify which files you're working with. The app hasn't been updated in over a year which makes me think the developer has moved on to other things.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kartik Chaturvedi
- 4.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Kartik Chaturvedi
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.