Toileting is a very delicate and sensitive life skills task that challenges many individuals. The "Sequencing Tasks - Toileting" series of apps approaches the topic in a respectful and tasteful manner.
The app contains 4 video models which breaks down the task of going to the bathroom into individual steps. The video models are tastefully done using a lifelike animated individual where no explicit part of the body is exposed.
The second part of the app is a review showing individual still pictures from the videos outlining each step in chronological order.
The third part of the app is a sequencing activity where the student has a choice of 1,2, or 3 pictures presented at a time and is asked to determine which picture comes next in the sequence. The app gives you various options on the number of steps for a sequencing task. "Step Scanning" is also available as an option in the sequencing activity for students with limited motor skills who use switches.
A printable PDF of all of the still pictures is also provided to allow for additional activities such as printing a chart to put in the bathroom or creating a low-tech activity for sequencing.
The app was created under the guidance of Special Education Teachers and Occupational Therapists.
What you get in the app:
1) 4 Video Models - BM, Urinating standing at a urinal, Urinating in a toilet bowl standing, Urinating in a toilet bowl sitting
2) Review screens of still pictures that make up the task
3) Sequencing activities for the above video models
4) Printable PDF of still pictures
5) Built In "Step Scanning" option for sequencing activity access (for individuals with special needs)
iOS Compatibility Upgrade
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.