Need a little "me" time? Reading fiction 6 minutes a day could mean 60% less stress in your life. We want this for you. Relax and unwind with 20-60 minute episodes of a crazy awesome original series.
WHAT’S SERIAL BOX:
Addictive, well-produced sci-fi and fantasy that you can listen to or read. Delivered to your device in bite-sized chunks.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US:
1. Addictive sci-fi, fantasy, and thrillers: Written by diverse, bestselling, and respected author teams.
2. Immersive audio: Cinematic narration and sound design. Featuring narrators like Tatiana Maslany.
3. Read or listen: Get the audiobook and ebook for 1 price. Switch back and forth easily.
Great right before bedtime, on your commute, while you relax, while you knit — or whatever else your heart desires.
1. Switch back and forth between listening and reading
2. Download audio and listen offline
3. Sample everything for free
4. Scroll vs. swipe reading option
5. Dark mode
6. Customize the font, text sizes, and audio speed for better accessibility
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Find: Immerse yourself in our addictive, award-winning, & diverse catalog.
2. Preview: Read or listen to the first episode of any serial for free. Spoiler alert: they’re all good.
3. Enjoy: Buy the season and experience new episodes each week.
Orphan Black: The Next Chapter. Narrated by Tatiana Maslany. Available starting September 12th 2019.
Ninth Step Station: A gritty, cyberpunk police procedural set in near-future Tokyo—by Malka Older, Fran Wilde, Jacqueline Koyanagi, and Curtis C. Chen
The Understudy: Big Little Lies meets Thirteen Reasons Why when a group of mothers must protect their daughters from a life-or-death threat—by Sophie Hannah, B.A. Paris, Clare Mackintosh, and Holly Brown
Original, brand-new series featuring your favorite Marvel & DC characters like Black Panther, Thor, Black Widow, The Flash, and Jessica Jones are coming soon.
“Reading reinvented” - Apple, Best Apps of 2017
“HBO for readers” - NPR“
"OMG people - just finished listening to @serialboxpub's The Vela S1 written by @motomaratai @cyborgyndroid Becky Chambers @sl_huang. SOOOO GOOD - thrilling space opera, diverse authors and cast, tragic, extremely well written - looking forward to S2" - @aidenjudd
“Tried @serialboxpub today - really rad to switch seamlessly between audiobook and eBook format. Would love to see this modal versatility be the new normal for all digital media, not just serialized fiction!” — @dsjr__
“All of the serials have THE BEST audio narration. I’m a huge, huge fan of the app and the stories.” —@BookwormAsheley
Download our app & enter another world.
Fact: Fiction stories stimulate the brain and even change how we act in life.
What We’ve Been Up To:
- We’ve redesigned the All Serials screen to make it easier to find great new content (check out all our new Shorts!)
- We continue to improve your overall experience by fixing crashes and bugs under the hood
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The option to write
I’m an avid reader and an amateur writer. When I’ve saw this app I had hope this was one of those read other people’s stories and write your own. This wasn’t the case. This was an app where you had to pay to read and that’s it. Paying isn’t the problem. It’s the ability to not being able to publish your own writing and getting responses from other readers. I hope in the future you guys will take into consideration that many of the people who uses your app want to be write not only read.
Excellent content, frustrating UI for audiobooks
Excellent content, I purchased the Orphan Black series. The user interface for the audio player is non-intuitive and lacks cues for episode, and listening places. The list of episodes don’t show progress, you have to start playing each episode to see if it’s one you last was listening to. Once playing there’s nothing on the screen showing which episode I’m on, just the ‘album’ art. The only real way for me to know my place is to delete downloaded episodes once I’m done listening to them. The scrubber is the full width of my screen which makes it impossible to drag it all the way to the left. Update: Okay, it’s supposed to have a big number of the episode but the top 1/2 of the number is cut-off so you have to guess at the episode number. I’m on an iPhone 6S+ so I’ve got plenty of screen to display it.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we're so sorry to hear about the hassle here. We recently implemented a few changes, including a jump back in section on our serial pages, and are working on some other big UI improvements for the future. If you encounter any more issues or have any other suggestions, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com!
Like the podcast version of a novel!
I first learned about this app from a local author whose work I really enjoy (Curtis Chen). He did a project in collaboration with a couple other authors and it was published here (Ninth Step Station). I listened to the audio series and it was great! I love that it’s episodic like a TV show, but that it’s still a book. It’s like the podcast version of a novel!
Then I tried out a few more series and I have loved them too! The writing is enjoyable, the stories are interesting and well put together, and the narrators are wonderful.
Also, the app works nicely. It’s easy to search for things or just brows, easy to buy a season (after listening to the first episode for free!), and easy to move from one episode to the next. I am such a fan, this app is great!
- Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- 88.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Anywhere But Here $1.99
- Anywhere But Here Audio $1.99
- Bookburners Season 1, Episode 2 - Anywhere But Here $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.