Part podcast studio, part magical refuge.
We create immersive stories unlike anything you’ve heard before, working with creators you probably have.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US:
• Curated shows, just for you: Created by award-winning, diverse, and best-selling authors.
• Cinematic sound design: Immersive sound effects and swoon-worthy narrators like Tatiana Maslany & George Takei.
• Easy-to-use app: Offline mode, autoplay, speed controls, customization, no ads, and more.
• Our gorgeous audio player with autoplay, sleep timer, device casting, dark and light mode support, hypnotic animations, and skip intro/outro
• Download audio and listen offline
• Sample everything for free
• Switch back and forth between listening and reading
• Scroll vs. swipe reading option
• Stunning type and colors: select between 5 optimized typefaces and 6 color combinations
• Advanced customization settings: custom margins, line height, word spacing, letter spacing
• Orphan Black: The Next Chapter. Narrated by Tatiana Maslany.
• Memory Lane. Written by Pretty Little Liars creator Sara Shepard.
• CTRL-ALT-DESTROY. Narrated by Firefly star Summer Glau.
• "Like Game of Thrones, but for your ears"—i09
• "Best of the year"—Apple
• "The HBO of reading"—NPR
• "Must-have app"—Buzzfeed
MORE REALM LOVE:
"Their rich sound design has advanced audio storytelling."—John Carpenter (yes, THE John Carpenter of Halloween, The Fog, and The Thing!)
"Next level amazing"—@brandenburgdm
"...The narration is great and the music and sound design really add to the storytelling."—Seth Podowitz
“It’s better than most TV.”—@AngelaRR56
“THE BEST audio narration. I’m a huge, huge fan of the app and the stories.”—@BookwormAsheley
“Really rad to switch seamlessly between audiobook and eBook format. Would love to see this modal versatility be the new normal for all digital media!”—@dsjr__
Oh hey hi hello. We used to be Serial Box, but we fell through a portal and now we're Realm.
Welcome to our weird little podcastle. Pardon the construction, very exciting things to come.
In this version:
- Bug fixes and general performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Like the podcast version of a novel!
I first learned about this app from a local author whose work I really enjoy (Curtis Chen). He did a project in collaboration with a couple other authors and it was published here (Ninth Step Station). I listened to the audio series and it was great! I love that it’s episodic like a TV show, but that it’s still a book. It’s like the podcast version of a novel!
Then I tried out a few more series and I have loved them too! The writing is enjoyable, the stories are interesting and well put together, and the narrators are wonderful.
Also, the app works nicely. It’s easy to search for things or just brows, easy to buy a season (after listening to the first episode for free!), and easy to move from one episode to the next. I am such a fan, this app is great!
I literally just got ripped off **FIXED**
I was really into a podcast I found called ReMade. It was a fun story. However only one “season” of 15 episodes was available on Apple podcasts. So I did what I had to do to get the second season. Download this app and purchase it for $9.99$. So I did. Thinking I could just download them all and listen to them tomorrow as I work. I hit the button and I get a message. “Your account cannot be accessed at this time, try again later.” The my PayPal alerts “$9.99” was just charged to your account.” Really my account isn’t available? So how the do you charge me?!? This is shady and unreliable. $10 is more then I’d spend on a lot of things. Unless the fix this soon as in like an hour I’d not be doing this ever again.
EDIT: They fixed the issue. I have my content and it’s ok. I apologize to Serial Box, for jumping so fast. However I have had it happen in the past, and for a lot more money. So thank you Serial Box for fixing this. I hope what ever happened I hope it doesn’t happen again.
Developer Response ,
We're incredibly sorry for your technical difficulties. I've made sure your account is properly credited with your purchase, so it should now be fully accessible to you. I've also responded to your original bug report with a few follow-up questions to see if we can figure out exactly what happened to cause the problem in the first place so that we can ensure it doesn't happen again in the future. I hope this resolves the issue for you.
Thanks so much for being a Serial Boxer!
Excellent content, frustrating UI for audiobooks
Excellent content, I purchased the Orphan Black series. The user interface for the audio player is non-intuitive and lacks cues for episode, and listening places. The list of episodes don’t show progress, you have to start playing each episode to see if it’s one you last was listening to. Once playing there’s nothing on the screen showing which episode I’m on, just the ‘album’ art. The only real way for me to know my place is to delete downloaded episodes once I’m done listening to them. The scrubber is the full width of my screen which makes it impossible to drag it all the way to the left. Update: Okay, it’s supposed to have a big number of the episode but the top 1/2 of the number is cut-off so you have to guess at the episode number. I’m on an iPhone 6S+ so I’ve got plenty of screen to display it.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we're so sorry to hear about the hassle here. We recently implemented a few changes, including a jump back in section on our serial pages, and are working on some other big UI improvements for the future. If you encounter any more issues or have any other suggestions, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- 306.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021 Serial Box Publishing, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- the rest of the season $9.99
- Orphan Black: The Next Chapter $9.99
- Realm Unlimited - Monthly $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.