Need a little "me" time? Reading fiction 6 minutes a day could mean 60% less stress in your life. We want this for you. Relax and unwind with 20-60 minute episodes of a crazy awesome original series.
WHAT’S SERIAL BOX:
Addictive, well-produced sci-fi and fantasy that you can listen to or read. Delivered to your device in bite-sized chunks.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US:
1. Addictive sci-fi, fantasy, and thrillers: Written by diverse, bestselling, and respected author teams.
2. Immersive audio: Cinematic narration and sound design. Featuring narrators like Tatiana Maslany.
3. Read or listen: Get the audiobook and ebook for 1 price. Switch back and forth easily.
Great right before bedtime, on your commute, while you relax, while you knit — or whatever else your heart desires.
1. Switch back and forth between listening and reading
2. Download audio and listen offline
3. Sample everything for free
4. Scroll vs. swipe reading option
5. Dark mode
6. Customize the font, text sizes, and audio speed for better accessibility
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Find: Immerse yourself in our addictive, award-winning, & diverse catalog.
2. Preview: Read or listen to the first episode of any serial for free. Spoiler alert: they’re all good.
3. Enjoy: Buy the season and experience new episodes each week.
Orphan Black: The Next Chapter. Narrated by Tatiana Maslany. Available starting September 12th 2019.
Ninth Step Station: A gritty, cyberpunk police procedural set in near-future Tokyo—by Malka Older, Fran Wilde, Jacqueline Koyanagi, and Curtis C. Chen
The Understudy: Big Little Lies meets Thirteen Reasons Why when a group of mothers must protect their daughters from a life-or-death threat—by Sophie Hannah, B.A. Paris, Clare Mackintosh, and Holly Brown
Original, brand-new series featuring your favorite Marvel & DC characters like Black Panther, Thor, Black Widow, The Flash, and Jessica Jones are coming soon.
“Reading reinvented” - Apple, Best Apps of 2017
“HBO for readers” - NPR“
"OMG people - just finished listening to @serialboxpub's The Vela S1 written by @motomaratai @cyborgyndroid Becky Chambers @sl_huang. SOOOO GOOD - thrilling space opera, diverse authors and cast, tragic, extremely well written - looking forward to S2" - @aidenjudd
“Tried @serialboxpub today - really rad to switch seamlessly between audiobook and eBook format. Would love to see this modal versatility be the new normal for all digital media, not just serialized fiction!” — @dsjr__
“All of the serials have THE BEST audio narration. I’m a huge, huge fan of the app and the stories.” —@BookwormAsheley
Download our app & enter another world.
We fixed a crash for some iOS 12 users. Boom!
Ratings and Reviews
Like the podcast version of a novel!
I first learned about this app from a local author whose work I really enjoy (Curtis Chen). He did a project in collaboration with a couple other authors and it was published here (Ninth Step Station). I listened to the audio series and it was great! I love that it’s episodic like a TV show, but that it’s still a book. It’s like the podcast version of a novel!
Then I tried out a few more series and I have loved them too! The writing is enjoyable, the stories are interesting and well put together, and the narrators are wonderful.
Also, the app works nicely. It’s easy to search for things or just brows, easy to buy a season (after listening to the first episode for free!), and easy to move from one episode to the next. I am such a fan, this app is great!
The Serial Box series are so well done, I have a hard time not just listening to/reading a series all at once! I originally found Serial Box through the new Orphan Black series but after getting caught up on the few episodes that are available I went through the other series that Serial Box has done. I LOVED Bookburners, the narrator did an incredible job and the stories in each season really hook you in. I listened to all of the episodes way too fast but enjoyed every second of it. I am excited to explore other titles, I have a good feeling I’ll find another great one soon enough!
As a fan of Orphan Black, I was sad to see it end. Just like so many others, I loved how Tatiana Maslany brought the different clones to life. So when I heard that the Clones were coming back in a new format, I was excited. I looked into Serial Box. So the story will continue as a hybrid audible book/ television type series. Awesome! With Tatiana performing, it has to be great!
So now I’m looking forward to the return of my favorite characters. Meanwhile, I have found another favorite actress, Summer Glau is performing a series, Alternis. I’m loving it! The world is lush, the characters are vivid in my mind. Check it out!
Storytelling is alive!
- Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- 79.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Anywhere But Here $1.99
- Anywhere But Here Audio $1.99
- Bookburners Season 1, Episode 2 - Anywhere But Here $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.