SermonNotes provides a simple and easy way to use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to input notes during sermons, classes and Bible studies. It’s paperless and includes the following features:
1. Universal app with native iPad support!
2. Input notes anywhere, anytime. Never need to look for paper or pen again.
3. Supports both portrait and landscape orientation for all screens.
4. You’ll have convenient access to your past sermon notes. Never need to search for misplaced past paper notes again.
5. Includes selector wheels to help you choose any of the 66 books of the Bible for your sermon's main verses range and also unlimited verse references during notes input. (Does not include scripture verse text due to copyright and licensing issues; however, you can copy and paste verse text from a Bible app that legally contains your favorite version / translation).
6. Input notes in dim lighting conditions. The light text on dark background reduces light distractions to those around you.
7. When you are done inputing notes, you can email them to yourself or to any anyone else. It’s a great way to share your learning with others, and it creates another back-up for you.
8. Allows you to word search, view, and edit your past notes.
9. Automatically saves whenever you dismiss the keyboard and when you tap the Done/Save button.
10. Supports iCloud for iOS device backup and restore. Be sure to turn it on in the Settings app / iCloud / Documents & Data / On.
11. Now includes export and import of your database file. Use this to backup, restore, and copy your database onto another iOS device.
12. Now includes social sharing such as Facebook, Twitter, Message, Mail, Weibo, TencentWeibo (availability depends on your country and which services you have active on your iOS device).
SermonNotes is the original sermon notes iOS app, created in 2009 and continually improved.
App Store reviews are welcome. If you have any issues, please use the Contact Us in the app's "?" Info tab to send a message so that we can follow up and help solve it. Issues may be related to the type of device (iPhone/iPod Touch vs. iPad), iOS version, and app version.
• Added social sharing such as Facebook, Twitter, Message, Mail, Weibo, TencentWeibo (availability depends on your country and which services you have active on your iOS device).
• iOS 8 tested
• Added “Backup” button on main screen where it is more easily accessible
• Changed the “Reset/New” button to “+ New”
• On iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, re-arranged screen to use larger input fields for Topic and Speaker/Other.
• On iPhone, Notes inputting now uses the full screen over the tab bars to give you more editing space.
• On iPhone, inputting is now a different screen, instead of previously scrolling up. This was redesigned to accommodate the larger screens of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and their screen rotation to horizontal landscape.
• Adjusted size of text area to accommodate predictive text in iOS 8 keyboard
• Graphics adjustments for iOS 8
• Code improvements for iOS 8
• Updated Info help text
Ratings and Reviews
Sermon notes rocks!
I purchased this app tonite after using soundnote for over a year for all my sermon notes. This app is uniqe in that after your sermn is written, it not only shows the title in the PAST NOTES page, but the key scriptures for quick referencing. I am sure the developer will continue to groom the app. It shut down on me once unexpectedly, but didnt lose any data. Love this app. Using it this sunday, January 1, 2012 for my first new years message. Excellent work sermon note!!!! Very pleased pastor.
Not impressed / waste of money
I rated this as one star since that is the lowest rating. It was a waste of money. I do NOT recommend this app.
Interface is clunky on my iPhone 4S. Screen is too cluttered. Does not leave room for taking notes.
The scroll wheel for scripture references is not aware of the number of verses in a particular book/chapter. You can input Jude 1:176 as a reference. There are no shortcuts. Just keep spinning the wheel trying to insert a reference while the sermon passes you by.
Spent sermon time fighting the app while trying to input my my notes. Interface was not as intuitive as expected. Kept hitting wrong spot on screen and starting a new set of notes.
I bought Pages (optimized for IPhone). I can type fast notes and autosave to iCloud and later download to my Mac G5. Simpler was better and faster. Invest a few more dollars and get Pages instead.
I just downloaded the app a few days ago. This is exactly what you need if you want to keep your sermons on your phone there is even a emailing option so that you can have them to print out. I would highly recommend this app. I just hope that it will be able to run on my IPad when I purchase one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.