Customize recipes for families, couples, large or small groups. This app does what a regular cookbook can't--instantly scales all ingredients based on number of guests coming to dinner!
● Also converts between Metric & US measures
++Featured by Apple in Party Planner, Apps for Foodies++
Easily convert entire recipes using serving sizes--no more fraction math! Save favorites and revise recipe for latest guest size in a snap.
● Got a family of 5? Scale 4 serving recipes to 5--less leftovers than just doubling a recipe. A lifesaver especially for parents on a budget.
● Holiday dinner guest lists change yearly. Change 6-serving recipe to 14 one year, then to 9 the next.
● Dinner for 1 tonight, but you don't want 3 days of leftovers. Convert that 4 serving recipe to a 1-person meal.
● You're catering a big event for 100. Scale up an 8 serving recipe for a crowd. Serving Sizer™ Recipe Manager will calculate the right amounts to buy and make. Resize for a different sized group next time.
● Sure, anyone can double a recipe from 4 to 8 servings, but what if you have 10 people coming and don't want to run out of meat? Calculate how many pounds to buy for your dinner party.
● Got a cookbook from Europe, and amounts are all in metric? Serving Sizer Recipe Manager can help here too--one tap toggle to change between US and Metric units
Not sure if this app is right for you? Try our lighter version: Serving Sizer recipe converter--calculates one ingredient at a time. Custom iPad version with additional features also available: Recipe Manager with Serving Sizer
• Scale recipes by serving size
• Easy entry—pick from over 500 ingredients, or add your own
• Easy entry—select fractional amounts and units using beautifully designed sliders for fractions, volumes, weights, & items, like eggs
• Special display for cooking—scaled ingredients and directions all on one screen
• Scaled amounts optimized for minimum number of steps and common units, such as 1 cup & 1 Tbsp, instead of 17 tablespoons
• Double, triple, & halve buttons to convert quickly to common recipe conversions
• One tap to convert between US & Metric units
• No logins or website accounts required
• Email scaled recipes to friends and family
• Backup recipe database to iCloud Backup, iTunes. Use iTunes File Sharing for extra backups.
• Tested and supports iOS8.
+ Holiday feasts where recipes are increased to serve more people
+ Dinner parties and BBQ's for non-standard number of people
+ Great for parents cooking odd-sized servings
+ Meals for one or two
+ Catering for crowds
+ Convert European based recipes into a US format or US to Metric
"TERRIFIC tool for moms"-TheiPhoneMom.com
"It even converts the mysterious American cup measurements in my slow cooker recipe book to something useful."-PC in the UK
"I use it at holidays to try out my favorite recipes on my big family. Having it [mobile] allows me to use Serving Sizer easily in my kitchen or at my parents' house"-Ralph P
"Most of my favorite cookbooks are for 4-8 servings. Serving Sizer provides a simple way to reduce recipes for the two of us. Thanks so much for this simple tool!"-Karen R
"Do a lot of cooking for different sized groups of people?...Not only can you quickly reduce a four serving recipe to dinner for two, but also can use recipes from other countries easily and accurately...ideal for caterers who want to expand a smaller recipe to serving sizes for large crowds....Anyone who cooks will enjoy the convenience..."-Handheld Computing
Also available from Creative Algorithms:
- Trip Boss™ travel manager, available in 4 versions. Expenses, Budgets, Itinerary, or keep a Journal
- Date Wheel date calculator - calculate time between two dates in months, weeks, days, & bus. days. Save for future reference
- Tip Boss tip calculator
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
+ Fixed bugs from iOS8, including crash when adding ingredients.
+ Updated the look/feel, while keeping all the functionality. Updated graphics. Brand new icon.
+ New name (helps reflect database compatibility with custom iPad version)
+ Added new ingredients: buttermilk, curry powder, vermicelli, coffee, Bisquick (customer request), but you can still add your own by tapping + on All Ingredients screen.
+ iOS8 supported fully.
+ Larger screen sizes now supported.
+ Misc. bug fixes, enhancements, and optimizations.
Thank you for the positive feedback! As each update resets the ratings, please take the time to update your review or to add a new one. Thank you!
If you have any issues, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service.
Keep informed by becoming a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CreativeAlgorithms
Ratings and Reviews
From what I read in some of the reviews, apparently the name of the app is a bit deceiving. But it was actually just what I was looking for. I wanted an app that I could put my own recipes in and change the serving sizes without a hassle. Now, if they'd let me add my own pictures, it'd be perfect! I know it takes some time to enter long recipes, but it's on an iPhone so what do you expect? Maybe one day the developers can make a web connection thru wifi where we can enter recipes by copy/paste on the web and it show up on the device. But for now, I just want to be able to add pictures from my library.
It doesn’t seem like it should be so hard to make a recipe converter. This app is extremely difficult to use and very time consuming. You have to enter the entire recipe manually. I would think they would have figured a way for you to simply upload a recipe and go from there. I cook for our homeless shelter and need to feed 100 people per recipe. I was hoping this would make it easier but I hardly use it because it’s so difficult to use. Waste of my money!
Good, unless you add a recipe
Love this app. However, after I added a new recipe, noticed that the search box for ingredients is hidden - so unable to type in the box and select an ingredient; need to type a new name every time.
The developer, Creative Algorithms, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Creative Algorithms, LLC
- 35.3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2004 Creative Algorithms, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.