This is a resource app for families coping with a loved one who is incarcerated, which includes tips for parents and caregivers to help their child through this difficult time, as well as a children’s storybook to help children cope with their emotions.
• Tip Books providing parents and caregivers with age-appropriate language to talk honestly with children (3–8) as well as strategies to help children cope with a parent’s incarceration
• Videos featuring real families and Sesame Street Muppets
• An interactive storybook and photo activity for caregivers to use with children
• Suggestions for additional support and educational resources
We recommend you use the tools and watch the videos before sharing them with your children so that you can choose what is most relevant and helpful for your family.
• Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind the award-winning television show, Sesame Street. Our mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere reach their highest potential.
• Resources in this app are part of Sesame Street’s Little Children, Big Challenges: Incarceration initiative. You can access additional project materials online, at sesamestreet.org/incarceration.
- Bug fixes
- Requires iOS 7 or later
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Thank you Sesame Street!
Thank you for all the work that you do, although I am not the target audience for this app, I still really appreciate the help this may offer to those in need.
This is just amazing and so helpful
- Sesame Workshop Apps
- 47.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.