Jamie Cullum: "An extraordinarily useful tool for jazz musicians of any ability..."
James Tormé: "For me, this is basically the perfect app. It helps me with composition, arranging and even helps me decide how to sing a particular song. Ridiculously useful. They seriously nailed it."
Create pro-quality jazz tracks in minutes with the world's only chord-based audio loop app.
With over 16,000 precision-cut, chord-based jazz loops (included) recorded exclusively by 4 of the world's leading jazz musicians, SessionBand Jazz - Volume 1 instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding audio - wherever you are and whatever your ability.
And with a host of pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose, one-touch live recording, real-time tempo shift and Audiobus compatibility - allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand - it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality jazz even if you can't play a note!
SessionBand Jazz - Volume 1 is a professional jazz app - essential for anyone studying music and perfect for the jazz musician looking for the ultimate jam session – but equally, it's simple enough for non-musicians who love jazz to create their own great-sounding, copyright-free music.
Preview loops and watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
Please do not buy if your device is older than iPad 2 or iPhone 4S
The world's only chord-based audio loop app is the fastest way to create real studio quality jazz:
* Simply pick a style
* Choose your chords
* Watch them turn into pro-audio jazz loops
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across all different jazz styles and tempos
* Auto-transpose your entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
* Mix your track (manual or automated)
* Adjust track tempo (+/- 15%)
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 16,000 precision-cut jazz loops included in the app:
* Over 16,000 individually recorded, chord-based jazz loops included
* 15 of the most popular jazz styles and tempos e.g. Slow Swing (4 feel), Afro Jazz, Up Swing (2 feel)
* From 60bpm through to 220bpm
* Each of the 15 jazz styles includes 10 chord variations for every root note!
* Maj7(9), maj7(#11), 7(13), 7(b9), 7(#5,#9), 7sus(13), m7(9), m7(b5), m(maj7). dim
SessionBand gets 4 of the world's top jazz musicians playing on your tracks:
* Drums – Ralph Salmins (Wynton Marsalis, Burt Bacharach, Elton John, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Quincy Jones...)
Saxes, Flutes – Andy Panayi (Peter Erskine, Freddie Hubbard, Wynton Marsalis, Paul McCartney...)
Bass - Geoff Gascoyne (Georgie Fame, Michel Legrand, Sting, Van Morrison, Benny Golson, Jamie Cullum...)
Piano – Tom Cawley (Jack DeJohnette, Charlie Watts, Jane Monheit, Stacey Kent, Yaron Herman, Guy Barker, Peter Gabriel...)
* All loops recorded at the famous Bunker studios (UK)
* All loops are copyright free and can be used freely in your own jazz compositions
The ultimate mobile practice tool for Jazz students:
*Practice with your very own world-class jazz quartet
*Loop markers let you focus on specific sections of music
*Mute instrument channels as you wish (manual and automated)
*Flip your chord progressions instantly across different jazz styles and tempos
*Transpose your whole track instantly in semitone shifts (not electronic pitch shifting!)
But you don't have to be a jazz musician:
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy chord selection and loop manipulation
* Chord preview function lets you audition the chord of the loop you are about to insert.
* Copy and paste function speeds up track building
* Intuitive mixing and record functions
* Hugely educational.
iOS 13 bug fixes (stops freezing-up issues) and also improved export features and file sharing.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good Sound Quality. Needs import/export function.
Good sound quality and variety of styles. But all of these apps need to be able to import/export saved songs so that users can open them in other versions and share them with others (Much like how ireal Pro has its forums of users' files). This would give the app an entirely new function and make it easily worth the money.
Great idea but...
It’s a great idea, but difficult to fully realize it seems. The sound quality is excellent! The musicianship is good yet sounds generic. Styles are cool, but The chord options are too limited for real composition and the list of samples are shallow. The interface is not so good. A lot of bugs to work out. I give it a 4 though because it’s a beautiful concept. I hope they continue developing this. More!
This app is easy to learn so that you don’t spend hours working on it instead of your instrument... Nice!
The only request I would place is to be able to customize time signature, especially in the jazz app. I am working on a 5/4 timer right now and pulled a work-around on it by shoving the 5 beats into 4/4... It’s a little funky but it’s working, sort of.
Overall great app for woodshedding... Thanks!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.