Create professional quality Jazz tracks to your own chords in minutes with Volume 1 of the award-winning SessionBand Jazz app - the world’s only chord-based loop app.
It's the ultimate Jazz play-along and the perfect tool for Jazz songwriters – wherever you are and whatever your level of ability.
Jamie Cullum: "An extraordinarily useful tool for jazz musicians of any ability"
James Tormé: “ Ridiculously useful. They seriously nailed it"
With over 16,000 precision-cut, chord-based Jazz loops (included in the download) performed and produced for SessionBand by 4 of the world's leading jazz musicians, SessionBand Jazz instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding Jazz audio - wherever you are and whatever your ability.
Volume 1 comprises 15 diverse Jazz styles from Slow Swing, Medium Swing, Bossa Nova and Afro Jazz to Fast Latin, Up Swing and many more.
And with a host of pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose, one-touch live recording, real-time tempo shift and Audiobus compatibility, it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality Jazz - even if you can't play a note!
SessionBand Jazz Volume 1 is a professional app - essential for anyone learning Jazz and perfect for Jazz musicians looking for the ultimate play-along. But equally, it's simple and quick enough for non-musicians who love jazz to create their own great-sounding, royalty-free music and share it with the world.
SessionBand Jazz Volume 1 has reached Top 5 in the paid music app charts in no fewer than 59 countries since launch.
Watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
The fastest way to create studio-quality Jazz...
• Simply pick one of 15 Jazz styles
• Choose your chords
• Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
• Build up your track in minutes
• Instantly hear your track across other different Jazz styles and tempos
• Auto-transpose your entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
• Mix your track (manual or automated)
• Adjust track tempo (+/- 15%)
• Record direct to audio
• Copy straight to other music apps (if you want to)
• Share with the world!
SessionBand gets 4 of the world's top Jazz musicians playing on your tracks...
Drums – Ralph Salmins (Wynton Marsalis, Burt Bacharach, Elton John, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Quincy Jones...)
Saxes / Flutes – Andy Panayi (Peter Erskine, Freddie Hubbard, Wynton Marsalis, Paul McCartney...)
Bass - Geoff Gascoyne (Georgie Fame, Michel Legrand, Sting, Van Morrison...)
Piano – Tom Cawley (Jack DeJohnette, Charlie Watts, Jane Monheit, Stacey Kent, Yaron Herman, Guy Barker, Peter Gabriel...)
The ultimate mobile practice tool for Jazz students...
• Practice with your very own world class Jazz quartet
• Loop markers let you focus on specific sections
• Mute/Solo instrument channels (manual and automated)
• Transpose your whole track instantly
But you don't have to be a musician to create seriously good Jazz tracks and release them royalty-free...
• Simple, intuitive interface
• Audition loops as you go
• 'Track Builder' makes building a full track quick and easy
• Intuitive mixing and record functions
• Hugely educational
Detailed Product Information
• 15 diverse popular Jazz styles in tempo order: Ballad; 12/8; Slow Swing (2 feel); Slow Swing (4 feel); Medium Swing (2 feel); Medium Swing (4 feel); Bossa Nova; Shuffle; Medium 3 /4; Afro Jazz; Medium Up Swing (2 feel); Medium Up Swing (4 feel); Fast Latin; Up Swing (2 feel); Up Swing (4 feel)
• Tempos from 60bpm to 220bpm
• 10 chord variations for every root note in all 15 styles: maj7(9); maj7(#11); 7(13); 7(b9); 7(#5,#9); 7sus(13); m7(9); m7(b5); m(maj7); dim
• The exclusive musical content in this app is not duplicated in any other SessionBand app
• All loops are offered royalty-free and can be used freely in your own works
Fixes crashing experienced with older iOS versions (12-14)
Ratings and Reviews
Good Sound Quality. Needs import/export function.
Good sound quality and variety of styles. But all of these apps need to be able to import/export saved songs so that users can open them in other versions and share them with others (Much like how ireal Pro has its forums of users' files). This would give the app an entirely new function and make it easily worth the money.
Great idea but...
It’s a great idea, but difficult to fully realize it seems. The sound quality is excellent! The musicianship is good yet sounds generic. Styles are cool, but The chord options are too limited for real composition and the list of samples are shallow. The interface is not so good. A lot of bugs to work out. I give it a 4 though because it’s a beautiful concept. I hope they continue developing this. More!
This app is easy to learn so that you don’t spend hours working on it instead of your instrument... Nice!
The only request I would place is to be able to customize time signature, especially in the jazz app. I am working on a 5/4 timer right now and pulled a work-around on it by shoving the 5 beats into 4/4... It’s a little funky but it’s working, sort of.
Overall great app for woodshedding... Thanks!!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UK Music Apps Ltd
- 901.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 UK Music Apps Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.