Volume 2 of the top-selling music app is here!
“Extraordinarily useful for jazz musicians of any ability” Jamie Cullum
“A supremely versatile music app... the future of jazz play-alongs” Jazzwise
“The perfect app” James Tormé
Create pro-quality jazz in minutes with the world's only chord-based audio loop app – wherever you are and whatever your ability.
Volume 2 includes 15 totally new and diverse jazz styles from Boogaloo, ECM, New Orleans and Cool Swing through uptempo 5/4, 7/4, Jazz Funk and many more.
With over 16,000 all new, precision-cut, chord-based jazz loops recorded exclusively by 5 of the world's leading jazz musicians, Jazz - Volume 2 instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding audio.
And with a host of pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose, one-touch live recording, real-time tempo shift plus Audiobus compatibility - allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand - it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality jazz even if you can't play a note!
SessionBand Jazz – Volume 2 is a professional jazz app - essential for anyone studying music and perfect for the jazz musician looking for the ultimate jam session – but equally, it's simple enough for non-musicians who love jazz to create their own great-sounding, copyright-free music.
Preview loops from Volume 2 and watch the new video at sessionbandapp.com
Please do not buy if your device is older than iPad 2 or iPhone 4S
The world's only chord-based audio loop app is the fastest way to create real studio quality jazz:
* Simply pick a style
* Choose your chords
* Watch them turn into pro-audio jazz loops
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across different jazz styles and tempos
* Auto-transpose your entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
* Mix your track (manual or automated)
* Adjust track tempo (+/- 15%)
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Included in the download:
* Over 16,000 individually recorded, chord-based jazz loops
* 15 brand new jazz styles and tempos: Slow Latin, Slow Funk, Poinciana, New Orleans, Pop Rock, ECM, Cool Swing, Jazz Funk, 6/4, Motown, Reggae, Swing, Boogaloo, 5/4 (swing) and 7/4 (uptempo swing)
* From 80bpm through to 220bpm
* Each of the 15 jazz styles includes 10 chord variations for every root note!
* Maj7(9), maj7(#11), 7(13), 7(b9), 7(#5,#9), 7sus(13), m7(9), m7(b5), m(maj7). dim
Get 5 of the world's top jazz musicians playing on your tracks:
* Drums – Ralph Salmins (Wynton Marsalis, Burt Bacharach, Elton John, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Quincy Jones, Michael Bublé...)
Saxes – Andy Panayi (Peter Erskine, Freddie Hubbard, Wynton Marsalis, Amy Winehouse, Paul McCartney...)
Basses - Geoff Gascoyne (Georgie Fame, Michel Legrand, Sting, Van Morrison, Benny Golson, Jamie Cullum...)
Pianos – Tom Cawley (Jack DeJohnette, Charlie Watts, Jane Monheit, Stacey Kent, Yaron Herman, Guy Barker, Peter Gabriel...)
Trumpet/Flugel – Martin Shaw (John Dankworth, Michel Legrand, Tim Garland, Sting, Jamiroquai...)
The ultimate mobile practice tool:
*Practice with your very own world-class jazz quartet
*Loop markers let you focus on specific sections
*Mute instrument channels
*Flip your chord progressions instantly across different jazz styles and tempos
*Transpose your whole track instantly in semitone shifts
You don't have to be a jazz musician to make great-sounding jazz:
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy chord selection and loop manipulation
* Chord preview function lets you audition the chord of the loop you are about to insert.
- SessionBand now supports Audiobus 3
- Updated binary to use the latest compiler
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good Live Tracks
If you’re tired of computer-generated stuff, try the live tracks from this company. You can edit them anywhere you want, and they sound fantastic.
Great Jazz feel.
I d like a stop button, with fade out. And several cue points, would be very nice.
Thank you. Heaven apps.
Fantastic songwriting inspiration!
I think I have all the SessionBand apps, and I love them. As a songwriter, I find that these apps and the many included demo songs are a fantastic inspiration for new songs. I've probably got 20 fragments of in-work songs (mostly needing lyrics which is not this app's fault!). I've finished 2 or 3 and it gives me a fresh approach compared to writing on guitar, keys, etc. Something like Band-in-a-Box with RealTracks which I use on PC but better for writing on long airplane flights.
Aside from that, the musical and technical quality of the recorded sample are quite good, and the UI and workflow are quite well thought out. Jazz Vol. 2 is better than Vol. 1 for me as i like the variety of styles. My only complaint is that I wish there were an easy way to export each individual instrument for AudioCopy to GarageBand. Maybe there is but I haven't figured it out so I have to solo each track, monitor the automation on the mixer screen, save, export, repeat. Not the worst thing but feels kludgey. This one also supports Audiobus but I prefer copy paste unless I'm overdubbing a part, as when using a synth app to play a part in GB.
GREAT JOB! Make more!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.