* Listed in the top 3 of educational apps in the Dutch App Store!
‘Set the clock’ can help your child to learn to tell time and revives old times by reintroducing the wooden clock on the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
You can practice together with your child, or let him/her perform assignments on his/her own using the nine game types in the App: "Set the clock’, ‘Tell the time’, ‘Adjust the clock’ and more. The assignments are clearly pronounced in English.
Besides English, it is also possible to have the assignments spoken in Dutch, German, French, Spanish and even Chinese. This makes that "Set the clock" can provide enough challenge even for older children.
Each game type, has five levels of difficulty. When enough correct answers are given, you are rewarded with a bronze, silver or gold medal!
- Beautifully designed wooden clock.
- Earn medals and shows that you are a real time telling champion!
- Multiple game modes (nine in total; analog and digital):
> Learn to set the clock to the correct time.
> Choose which clock displays the correct time.
> Learn to set the clock ahead or back.
- Tap the clock’s digits to hear what number it is.
- English spoken, so your child can practice independently.
- Different levels: hours, half hours, per quarter and per 5 minutes.
- Also suitable for older children / pupils, because of the ability to tell time in other languages.
In short: a great educational app for both young and old. Learn telling time is just as fun as ever!
We listened to all the enthusiastic Set the Clock users and built a couple of requested features into the app. And we also decided to polish the app here and there, to make it look just a little bit better!
What have we changed:
- You can now choose which numbers to show on the face of clock: all numbers, only 12, 3, 6 and 9 or no numbers at all
- When selecting the level, a button has been added that allows you to choose whether you can use only the hour-hand, or both hands to set the clock to the correct time
- A user from Switzerland (thé country of clocks) pointed out a mistake: the hands were the wrong way around! Of course we immediately put it right!
- And as a reminder, in the previous version we have built in the option to adjust the color of the hands!
If more options are missing, do not hesitate to report them via a review!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this game so much I. learn so much but🤔I got it it’s a little hard
Developer Response ,
That’s great! I’m sure you’ll be flying through the assignments in no time!
Good app for helping kids learn to tell time
Found this app while trying to teach my daughter how to read a clock. She wanted to stay past her bed time to keep using it. One improvement I would request is the option of having the app ask her to set time using only minutes and hours rather than “half past”, or “a quarter to” format. I would like her to learn to set the clock to “twelve forty five” or “seven thirty” correctly before tackling “a quarter to one” and “half past seven”. For now I keep “translating” to the simpler hours/minutes format every time the app asks for something like “ten to nine”. The automated voice is also a bit of a let down. Although perfectly understandable it sounds like a robo-call. A human recording, though a lot more work, would make it much friendlier.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback. As we’re currently working on an update for next summer, we’ll see if we can do something with you’re suggestions.
Set the clock is a great app for many kids should like it
- Frank Guchelaar
- 95 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Awesomation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.