The OFFICIAL app from Set Enterprises, SET Mania brings the award-winning SET® card game to the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Challenge yourself with three addictive game play options: Classic SET, SET Puzzle and Sprint SET.
SET Mania includes an interactive tutorial that makes it easy to learn. The goal is to find all the SETs as quickly as possible. A SET is 3 cards in which each individual feature (color, shape, number and shading) is either all the SAME…or all DIFFERENT on each card.
· SET is the most highly awarded visual perception card game in history including: MENSA Select, Parents’ Choice Best 25 games of the past 25 years, Dr. Toy’s 10 Best Games.
· Easy to learn
· Challenging to master
· Wonderfully addictive
· No luck needed to win
· Sharpens your mind
· The OFFICIAL SET app by Set Enterprises, Inc. makers of the card game.
· Same developers as the 4.5 star SET Pro HD iPad app
Personalize your experience by adjusting the following options:
· Colorblind deck
· Auto hints
· Solid Basic Deck or Advanced Deck.
Achieve the highest ranking of SET Master by getting 3 Stars in BOTH Basic and Advanced decks in ALL three game plays:
· Classic SET challenges you to find all the SETs in either the Basic Deck of 27 cards, or the more challenging Advanced Deck of 81 cards in the least amount of time.
· SET Puzzle challenges you to find either 4 SETs in 9 cards (Basic Deck) or 6 SETs in 12 cards (Advanced Deck) in the least amount of time.
· Sprint SET challenges you to find the most SETs - in either 60 or 90 seconds (Basic or Advanced).
Dare yourself and your friends to sharpen your skills (and minds) with one of America’s favorite games. Do you have what it takes to become the next SET Master?
Already a fan of SET? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the latest news:
Ratings and Reviews
Weird messages at end of game
Like another reviewer, I find the messages at the end of each game off-putting. I just finished a game, ending with a new high score, and at the top there was a banner that said "Don't be discouraged, try again." I'd rather have no message at all than these "encouraging" messages. (I looked in the game's settings to see if there was a way to turn that off, but the settings area is pretty bare-bones and there was nothing about this there.)
I like the game Set a lot. I love being able to play it on my phone wherever. I’ve been spending my time analyzing the mathematics of it. I’ve been modeling it as a 3 or 4 dimensional torus, and a set is any straight line within it.
I wish that the app explained what all the different games are. For Rediscovery, Marathon, and Arcade, it feels like I’m just playing regular Set as fast as I can, and then it stops at some point, because I can’t figure out what the rules are precisely.
I got really into Set when I found it on the New York Times crossword puzzle page. It gives you four games of Puzzle, 2 basic and 2 advanced. With the basic pack, it picks one attribute to keep constant, but it changes from day to day for variety. In this app, the basic pack always has all the cards have a solid pattern. I really wish they could change that up randomly, because it doesn’t change the gameplay at all, but it does give you opportunity to see different sets. And variety is fun.
I’d love it if there could be a shuffle button to rearrange all the cards. It’s a nice tool when I am stuck, and I use it all the time on the nytimes page.
Great game & good app
Set is a fantastic game. It may seem hard at first, but be persistent. I've taught the game to many people and they are all hooked.
The app itself has the basic game plus some other game modes like Arcade, Puzzle, and Marathon. For each game mode, you can choose a basic deck (easy) or the advanced deck (harder, more like the real game).
I'm not giving the App 5-stars for two major shortcomings.
1. The statistics can only track your best speed. More stats would make me play the game more often. Also, more stats would encourage players to use the app to exercise their brains. And they could see improvements on different factors beyond speed. Come on guys, give us more stats.
2. There is a hint option. But the hint itself is hard to see with only a light border around the card-hint. Please make the border into a black, bold border . In fact, a border should also appear whenever I select a card. Currently, I can't tell which card has been selected so there are a lot of time-wasting taps.
- PlayMonster LLC
- 54.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright (c) 1988-2013 Cannei, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Arcade SET $0.99
- Marathon & Rediscovery SET $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.