Cut through the nightmare
** Winner of Apple Design Award 2017 **
** Apple iPad Game of the Year 2016 **
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.
----- ACCOLADES -----
• "Apple Design Award 2017", Apple
• "iPad Game of the Year 2016", Apple
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016", Destructoid
• "Best Mobile Game + Best Musical Score", Canadian Video Game Awards 2016
• "Battery Park Award for Best Handheld Game", 2017 New York Game Awards
• "Handheld Game of the Year -- Nominee", 20th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards
• "Mobile Game of the Year -- Nominee", 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards
• "Best Mobile Game -- Nominee", The Game Awards 2016
• "5 best mobile games of 2016", GameSpot
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016 -- Nominee", IGN
• "10 best video games of 2016", Mashable
"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS." 5/5 - 148Apps
"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time." 8/10 - Post Arcade
"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging." 5/5 - TouchArcade
----- KEY FEATURES -----
• Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.
• Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.
• Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.
• Award-Winning Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in the haunting original score from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN, featuring Pantayo.
• Graphical optimizations for Metal-enabled devices
• Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit (requires Metal-enabled device running iOS 9+)
• Multiple difficulty modes
• Game Center Achievements
• Cloud Save
• iMessage Sticker Pack (requires iOS 10)
• 3D Touch support (3D Touch-enabled device required)
- Compatibility updates.
Ratings and Reviews
It only takes about five minutes to realize just how strange Severed is. But to rescue your family, you’re going to have to dive right in, mastering the excellent swipe-based combat, traveling through a magical realm filled with danger, and—yeah—collecting some severed limbs. Like we said, it’s a little weird. But this Apple Design Award winner is also gorgeous, atmospheric, and totally memorable.
Clever, creepy, memorable
Thematically, Severed is a classic dungeon-crawling quest: you begin amid the ruins of your home except in a strange otherworld, your arm's been cut off and your family kidnapped by monsters, then a demon gives you a sword and you set off to find your family. It's a bit like Zelda for people who thought the visual designs of that series weren't unsettling *enough*, and also wished it had taken a more viscerally literal interpretation of the term "Heart Piece."
Aesthetically, the game is striking, with Aztec-inspired designs rendered in bold strokes of color, and some poignant musical motifs (and judicious use of silence) that make for effective emotional interludes. Mechanically, this is a game meant for mobile (even if it was originally released for PS Vita). Swipe-based combat may sound simplistic, but it's really more about timing and managing the countdowns of multiple enemies' attacks -- you mostly gain upgrades through severing the body parts of your foes, but you can only do so after you build up enough focus, so it's often a matter of keeping enemies alive for that final stroke as much as it is about killing them. My one complaint is that the combat can get a bit repetitive toward the end (some more variations in attack patterns would have been welcome), but it stays a challenge throughout.
I'm pretty thoroughly impressed by this game. Well worth the money.
Must play game!!
I’ve been playing this game on and off since 2016. I now own it on my switch and I’ve been playing on there more then my phone since the screen is bigger. But if your looking for a game to play with no internet, don’t mind exploring areas to fight monsters, upgrade yourself/weapon, and moving along with a nice storyline that makes you want more from this game. Then definitely download it!! It’s worth the money! I love this game because I get so much easily immersed even if I haven’t played it in a while. Gameplay is very easy to play and remember. Love the graphics of the game, definitely makes you feel like you’re in another world with the different colors they’ve chosen for each section. Love this game and storyline. I wish they would make a second game with a different character or maybe with the main one trying to find their way back home to their original planet.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- DRINKBOX STUDIOS INC.
- 234.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- ©2016 Drinkbox Studios Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.