** Winner of Apple Design Award 2017 **
** Apple iPad Game of the Year 2016 **
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.
----- ACCOLADES -----
• "Apple Design Award 2017", Apple
• "iPad Game of the Year 2016", Apple
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016", Destructoid
• "Best Mobile Game + Best Musical Score", Canadian Video Game Awards 2016
• "Battery Park Award for Best Handheld Game", 2017 New York Game Awards
• "Handheld Game of the Year -- Nominee", 20th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards
• "Mobile Game of the Year -- Nominee", 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards
• "Best Mobile Game -- Nominee", The Game Awards 2016
• "5 best mobile games of 2016", GameSpot
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016 -- Nominee", IGN
• "10 best video games of 2016", Mashable
"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS." 5/5 - 148Apps
"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time." 8/10 - Post Arcade
"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging." 5/5 - TouchArcade
----- KEY FEATURES -----
• Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.
• Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.
• Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.
• Award-Winning Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in the haunting original score from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN, featuring Pantayo.
• Graphical optimizations for Metal-enabled devices
• Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit (requires Metal-enabled device running iOS 9+)
• Multiple difficulty modes
• Game Center Achievements
• Cloud Save
• iMessage Sticker Pack (requires iOS 10)
• 3D Touch support (3D Touch-enabled device required)
- Compatibility updates.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It only takes about five minutes to realize just how strange Severed is. But to rescue your family, you’re going to have to dive right in, mastering the excellent swipe-based combat, traveling through a magical realm filled with danger, and—yeah—collecting some severed limbs. Like we said, it’s a little weird. But this Apple Design Award winner is also gorgeous, atmospheric, and totally memorable.
Clever, creepy, memorable
Thematically, Severed is a classic dungeon-crawling quest: you begin amid the ruins of your home except in a strange otherworld, your arm's been cut off and your family kidnapped by monsters, then a demon gives you a sword and you set off to find your family. It's a bit like Zelda for people who thought the visual designs of that series weren't unsettling *enough*, and also wished it had taken a more viscerally literal interpretation of the term "Heart Piece."
Aesthetically, the game is striking, with Aztec-inspired designs rendered in bold strokes of color, and some poignant musical motifs (and judicious use of silence) that make for effective emotional interludes. Mechanically, this is a game meant for mobile (even if it was originally released for PS Vita). Swipe-based combat may sound simplistic, but it's really more about timing and managing the countdowns of multiple enemies' attacks -- you mostly gain upgrades through severing the body parts of your foes, but you can only do so after you build up enough focus, so it's often a matter of keeping enemies alive for that final stroke as much as it is about killing them. My one complaint is that the combat can get a bit repetitive toward the end (some more variations in attack patterns would have been welcome), but it stays a challenge throughout.
I'm pretty thoroughly impressed by this game. Well worth the money.
Most amazing thing I have ever played...ever.
Severed is hands down the best game I have ever played on any gaming platform, BY A LONG SHOT! I feel like anything I say about it won't even begin to describe how awesome and entertaining it was... it was graphically and artistically BEAUTIFUL, dramatic, PLENTY of game time, exciting, really sad surprisingly, INCREDIBLY challenging but not frustratingly maddening to the point of wanting to give up (the struggles throughout the game actually made me want more!) This is probably the one and only game I will actually keep on my device after finishing to play over and over. I absolutely loved it. Not one thing I didn't like, except maybe that my fingers are sore from swiping my screen like a crazy person haha BRAVO DEVS!!!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 bravo, seriously, I could kiss you! Finally, a game that left me totally fulfilled at the end. Now I'm crossing my fingers for a sequel!!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- DRINKBOX STUDIOS INC.
- 234.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©2016 Drinkbox Studios Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.