*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
SFX is the world's number one science fiction, fantasy and horror magazine.
It covers all areas of science fiction and fantasy across television, movies, books, comics, games, events, collectables... and beyond. Every month SFX delivers essential sci-fi news, features, reviews, exclusive Q&As, behind-the-scenes stories, star profiles and analysis of TV shows.
Join the club and get your fix of sci-fi, fantasy and horror on your iPad and iPhone!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £3.99 / $3.99 / €4.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.49 / $2.99 / €2.99
1 year £27.99 / $36.99 / €36.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Efficient and effective for an app.
A must have app for the magazines in the library.
This magazine does exactly what it promises. It gives you great information on everything you could want in the field of entertainment. It isn't a "Star" or "Entertainment Weekly", but it is a very good source of information on what was/is/will be on all of the important and entertaining news that you could want. If that's what you are looking for, then this is the magazine for you.
I've only bought two SFX magazines with this app but both times I tried to buy an issue, it gives an error two or three times before it finally gives in and downloads the magazine. And this second time, it immediately deleted the issue before I could even open it for 'memory' reasons. I have plenty of memory (well over 7 GB) available and I have practically nothing running in the background. How big is this magazine, anyway? It appears to have also deleted, without my knowledge or consent, the first issue I bought and it doesn't look like it will be able to restore it (it says that I only have one issue able to be restored so one issue is in the wind. It better not be the new one).
For the one issue I was able to actually read, the magazine is very good but having to magnify and move the screen around all the time to actually read it made me seasick. I'm not impressed with the app so far but hopefully they can fix it. They have two strikes so far as I'm concerned.
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 51 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- June 2011 $3.99
- July 2011 $3.99
- Summer 2011 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.