Battle for good against an evil force in this unique word/RPG hybrid game! Face off against countless enemies in turn-based combat by mastering words, spells, weapons, and items. Explore an ever-unfolding map with characters to meet, stories to tell, and quests to embark upon. Earn gold and visit shops to upgrade your equipment and buy items. Earn experience to level up and improve your character's fighting stats in combat.
In Shadow Codex, turn-based combat is accomplished by spelling words on a shared game board of letters. Pick letters and chain them to an adjacent letter to form a valid word. Each word you spell will earn a certain score. This score is added to your "action points." If you reach a certain amount as defined by your equipped weapon, you will gain a weapon attack to use in a future turn. Rarer letters and longer words give big scores where you can potentially gain extra turns or numerous attacks! Gems on letters will double the score!
In addition to word-spelling, you can also cast powerful spells. These spells can change letters on the game board, heal you, damage your enemy, and can be learned by defeating foes and completing quests.
• Face off against over 45 characters and monsters w/ unique abilities!
• Earn gold to purchase new weapons with unique stats and abilities.
• Earn XP to level-up and improve your stats and magic power.
• Cast spells to gain an advantage or aid your word-spelling ability.
• Use items to heal yourself and win the battle!
PLAY THE MINI-GAMES
• 3 extra mini-games help you earn gold and experience!
• Test your spelling speed in the Endurance Trial game.
• Unlock chests by playing a word search-type game. You never know what you'll find!
• Collect or harvest items quickly to aid your fellow citizens and earn rewards!
Minor bug fixes.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Timothy LaBonne
- 171.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Tim LaBonne
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.