Practice Hebrew at home or on the go!
Vowels talk, letters dance, and students can swipe words across their screens with this new Hebrew app based on our bestselling Shalom Uvrachah and designed for use with all of the Hebrew primers, including Shalom Uvrachah Express and Shalom Hebrew! It can also be used as a Hebrew learning tool on its own.
Packed with engaging features, interactive reading exercises that can be recorded and reviewed by educators, and more than a dozen Hebrew games, Shalom Hebrew makes learning to read Hebrew fun AND effective for students of all ages, including those who have started their studies in later grades.
Benefits of Shalom Hebrew:
• Reinforces reading fluency and vocabulary.
• Extends learning into the home. Parents do not need to know Hebrew!
• Leads to increased Hebrew confidence and stronger skills, even with just five minutes a day of practice.
• Teachers can provide direct feedback on student reading.
• Opportunities for teachers to monitor student progress of activities.
Each of the 25 lessons centers on a key cultural word or concept, introduces related letters and/or vowels, syllables and words, offers reading practice and exercises based on the new letters.
Three levels of increased difficulty for each game:
1. Bubble Pop—Pop bubbles with indicated letters or words to earn points. Requires visual identification of Hebrew letters.
2. Hebrew Dots—Connect elements that sound alike to score points. Focuses on listening skills.
3. Space Spheres—Enlarge your sphere by gobbling smaller ones that have specific Hebrew letters. Reinforces visual identification.
4. Chop Chop—Collect target Hebrew words by chopping the tree under each word. Reinforces sight word recognition.
5. Hebrew Scramble—Find and select letters from a game board (similar to word search) to complete indicated words.
Hebrew and English dictionaries
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
iPhone sound bug fix for practice reading activities. The sound will now use the main speakers and not the phone ear speaker.
Ratings and Reviews
In order to get past level 5, you have to log in their website and then you can purchase the app for $14.95. You would think they would tell you that in the app description.
This app has really helped kickstart my journey to learn Hebrew! It’s both effective and fun! My only complaint is that most of the lesson audio plays through the phone ear speaker, rather than through the speaker at the bottom (which would be much easier to hear). It sounds fine with headphones, but when I don’t have them handy it is nearly impossible to hear the lessons (thus only 4 stars). Otherwise, I’ve really enjoyed using the app!
SUPER EXCELLENT!! (iPad)
Not many apps are challenging teaching the basics and progressively teach easily stepping from one concept to the next. This app DOES! It starts w/the basics & rehearses each letter & sound then uses it in a practical manner including practicing writing the letters & teaching you to spell. GREAT JOB!! Approaches Hebrew from a bascic level & from different aspects. LOVE this app!! 🥇🏆🎖😃👍🏼
The developer, Behrman House Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jeremy poisson
- 379.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Behrman House Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.