Discover a fascinating world of 3D shapes like prisms, pyramids, solids of revolution and Platonic solids. Start from the simplest and gradually explore the most complex ones. Build solids from scratch with a new Nets Creator mode and discover hundreds of unique net combinations.
Shapes use the power of mobile devices to enhance teacher capabilities and provide possibilities to show things that cannot be shown with physical tools. It can help to create interest and enthusiasm in school mathematics classes at all levels.
The app was verified and approved by the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science at Adam Mickiewicz University of Poznan. It was specifically prepared to support the teacher in the classroom, but can also be used as a tool for self-study. From now on there is a save and print option available for each net so that the kids can explore solids outside the app and improve their manual skills as well.
- Select 27 unique shapes
- Choose from a variety of prisms, pyramids, Platonic solids and solids of revolution
- Unfold shapes into different net combinations
- Learn about the number of faces, edges and vertices for each solid
- Build solids from scratch in Nets Creator mode
- Explore transparent surfaces mode
- Highlight the vertices and edges
- Color selected elements
- Use simple gesture control
- Rotate the shapes in any direction
- Zoom in and out by pinch and spread gestures
- Align to a basic position by double tap
- Save, print, cut and fold a chosen net
- Examine 3D shape in Augmented Reality! Place the solid on your desk without the need to print and fold them!
For more information, please visit our website: www.shapes.learnteachexplore.com
If have any problems or suggestions you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: ‘Shapes’ does not contain advertising, in-app purchases or any other downloadable content.
Note: Augmented Reality works only with iOS devices supporting ARKit. But don’t worry if your device doesn’t support ARkit - 3D Shapes work perfectly fine without ARKit.
Fixed: Icons on some older iPhone models
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
When will we know when it’s ready for Merge Cubes?
I’m anxiously awaiting for that!
I think this is great in that I have been lookin for a shapes app that goes beyond the 2 dimensional. I would suggest a voice option that says the name of the shape out loud. I have a 3 year old who is very interested and food at manipulating shapes but can't read words larger than 4 letters yet and it would help to reinforce what I teach him. Thanks!
This application will go a long way in helping elementary and middle school students understand the differences between various 3D figures. The conceptual understanding will certainly enhance student understanding of surface area as well. Beautiful graphics. Intuitive interface. Nice work!
- Learn Teach Explore Sp. z o.o.
- 106.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Learn | Teach | Explore
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.