***2020 App Store Editors’ Choice***
CAD design shouldn’t be a desk job. Transform your 3D modeling workflow with the leading industrial-strength CAD tool for iPad. Go from idea to 3D concept in minutes, create anywhere, and export manufacturable models by integrating user-friendly mobile design software. Shapr3D is compatible with all major desktop CAD software, so you can import projects and export work directly to your rendering, manufacturing, or drafting tools.
“It's not often we stumble across an app that has the potential to dramatically transform your workflow. But with Shapr3D, there's no need for a desk, a mouse, or a keyboard. With your iPad and Apple Pencil, you can design complex 3D models. The ability to work offline means you'll be able to sketch and design from anywhere.” - App Store Editors
“I struggled with 3D modeling until this app came along. I can literally now go from idea to completed design in just a few minutes for easier designs. And more complex designs I can work on and refine down to the smallest detail. Best part is the designs are easily exported to STL for printing.” Sumowondertoad, Shapr3D user
“I am amazed at what you can do with Shapr3D. The developers are constantly looking for feedback and releasing new features. There are a lot of tutorial videos and use case webinars. I have spent the last year trying to break free of my desk and be more mobile. 3D modeling was one of the last holdouts and Shapr3D goes a long way to allowing me to work anywhere.” Amko139, Shapr3D user
UNDER THE HOOD
Shapr3D’s tech stack and software combine the industrial power of desktop CAD tools, the mobility and touch-screen of iPad, and the natural control of Apple Pencil. Shapr3D users get:
- Battle-tested Siemens geometric modeling kernel and sketch engine (Parasolid™, D-Cubed™)
- Compatibility with all major CAD desktop software. X_T, STEP, IGES, STL, 2D DXF, 2D DWG, JPG, PNG file
- Import and hi-res STL, STEP, IGES, X_T, OBJ, 2D DWG, and 2D DXF file export.
- Offline functionality and local storage with all iPads that support Apple Pencil, including all iPad Pros, iPad 2018, iPad Mini 5, iPad Air 3
- An unprecedented mobile modeling experience designed for the familiar grip of Apple Pencil
- Video tooltips for the modeling workspace, tools, and import/export features to navigate the entire app within hours
USE SHAPR3D TO
- Make the world your workstation. Design and iterate manufacture-grade models on the factory floor, in client and team meetings, while commuting, or wherever inspiration strikes.
- Impress your clients with inspiring visualizations. Sketch and validate design ideas on the spot and accelerate the design process for faster delivery.
- Seamlessly integrate mobile modeling. Sketch and model concepts anywhere and continue directly in AutoCAD, Solidworks, NX, Catia, Solid Edge, Fusion360, Rhino3D, Onshape, and Sketchup.
- 3D model as if you were drawing in 2D. Create models and adjust features and dimensions fluidly with a paper and pencil style UX free of clunky keyboard commands.
- Manufacture your 3D models hassle-free. Shapr3D creates manufacture-grade solid geometry. Export your 3D models in hi-res STEP, IGES, XT, STL, or OBJ formats to print prototypes, iterations and your final design.
Sign up now for your free Shapr3D Pro trial. You’ll get unlimited workspaces, hi-res export for STL, STEP, IGES, X_T, OBJ, DWG, and DXF files, import capabilities for X_T, STEP, IGES, STL, DXF, DWG, JPG, PNG files, colors and priority support.
Subscription information: Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Terms of service: https://terms.shapr3d.com
Here’s what’s new. You can see these welcome changes in our modeling tools:
• Whenever you want to use modeling tools that instantly transform your design, you’ll see tips and tricks for each tool.
You won’t need to check our manual every time you’re not sure how to use tools like Offset Edge.
• Speaking of Offset Edge, you can use the tool’s “Single” offset type from our adaptive modeling menu to offset multiple body edges or connected sketch lines and curves. They just have to be on the same face or sketch plane.
Just remember, “Loop” offset type is still only for closed sketches and entire faces.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's not often we stumble across an app that has the potential to dramatically transform your workflow. But with Shapr3D, there's no need for a desk, a mouse, or a keyboard. With your iPad and Apple Pencil, you can design complex 3D models. The ability to work offline means you'll be able to sketch and design from anywhere.
Stumbled across this application and after reading the description it hinted at a similarity to a highly expensive parametric design software for pc known as Solid Works. That caught my interest because that was a software I fell in love with while in school for mechanical design. So that alone made me download and try the app. I tried the free version which is fully functional when it comes to design but limits certain features and number of designs that can be created. After a few versions of a design which I completed. I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for the monthly full version. So far I am glad I did you gain extra features to not only save your designed without limited number but also adjust colors to make designs look and feel more real to get a better idea of the vision of the product you are considering constructing. This app is intuitive but I have extensive Solid-works and AutoCad exposure and that helped tremendously with designing on this because this program is a slight mixture of both applications and tooling works similar to a blend of each of those two programs. Apple Pencil is a necessity for this because it acts as a mouse/courser and is very precise.
Amazing value! Amazing App!
I’m about $3600 deep in “The big name CAD Program” product, and still don’t really know how to use it well after a year and a half. I downloaded this app, followed a tutorial, and designed a complex gear assembly in like 40 minutes. It’s insane how intuitive and easy it is. My 12 year old son is designing things to 3D print, and I’ve been cleaning up files I’ve been afraid to touch, because they were ”Close enough”, but not perfect, and I’m not good enough with my other software to fix them without potentially messing them up. CAD hasn’t changed in like 30 years. It’s ugly, it’s complicated, and it’s time consuming... I know I sound like a total fan boy. Just download it, and make something. That’s the only way you’re going to understand what I’m saying... this is exactly what I’ve been looking for! You can import and export other files, and best of all, unlike almost every other iPad app for CAD, this one uses the Apple Pencil, which is amazingly intuitive, and it does not need to be on the internet to work. 4 thumbs up guys!!!
- Shapr 3D Zartkoruen Mukodo Reszvenytarsasag
- 616.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Shapr3D Zrt.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Subscription $31.99
- Pro Subscription $239.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.