***Apple Design Award Winner*** ***Shapr3D for iPad—winner of 2020 App Store Editors’ Choice—now available on macOS***
Inspiration can strike anytime, anywhere—you could be at your desk, on site, on the go. And this shouldn't be a limitation for CAD design. Transform your 3D modeling workflow with the leading industrial-strength CAD tool for Mac and iPad. Go from idea to 3D prototyping in minutes, create anywhere, and export manufacturable models. Switch up your workflow with what works best for you: Start designing on your iPad, and add finishing touches on your Mac.
Shapr3D is a user-friendly, cross-platform design app that is compatible with all major desktop CAD software. You can import projects and export work directly to your rendering, manufacturing, drafting, or splicing tools.
UNDER THE HOOD
Shapr3D’s tech stack and software combine the industrial power of desktop CAD tools and intuitive user experience.
Shapr3D users get:
- Battle-tested Siemens™ geometric Parasolid™ modeling kernel and D-Cubed™ sketch engine
- CAD-compatibility with hi-res X_T, STEP, STL, OBJ, 2D DXF, 2D DWG, USDZ export support
- SLDPRT, SLDASM, STL, STEP, IGES, X_T, 2D DWG, 2D DXF, JPG, PNG import support
- Offline functionality and local storage with all officially supported Macs running on Big Sur (11.0) or later
- A modeling experience designed for fluid mouse and keyboard input
USE SHAPR3D TO
- Make the world your workstation. Design and prototype manufacture-grade models on your Mac, right at your desk. Hand off designs to your iPad to continue iterating on the factory floor, in client and team meetings, while commuting, wherever.
- Impress your clients with inspiring visualizations. Sketch and validate design ideas and accelerate the design process for faster delivery.
- Tune-up sketch and model concepts with Shapr3D and continue directly in AutoCAD, Solidworks, NX, Catia, Solid Edge, Fusion360, Rhino3D, Onshape, and Sketchup.
- 3D model effortlessly with nifty keyboard commands and a smart UI. Adjust features and dimensions on the fly with quick keyboard input.
- Manufacture your 3D models hassle-free, and create manufacture-grade solid geometry with Shapr3D. Export your 3D models in hi-res STEP, IGES, XT, STL, or OBJ formats to print prototypes, iterations, and your final design.
- View and animate your models in real-life environments via AR with USDZ export support.
- Create and export 2D drawings in DWG, DXF, or PDF format to effectively communicate your vision.
Sign up now for your free trial of Shapr3D Standard or Business. With Standard, you'll get an unlimited number of active workspaces; export for OBJ and USDZ; preview and export for augmented reality; import and export for images, STL, SHAPR, STEP, IGES, and DXF; colors; basic support; and 1 trial import in any other file format. With Business, you'll get all Standard features plus import and export for X_T and 2D DWG files; import for SLDPRT and SLDASM files; ready-to-print manufacturing drawings in DWG, DXF, and PDF formats; and priority support.
Subscription information: Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
Terms of service: https://terms.shapr3d.com
Hard on the heels of Shapr3D’s macOS debut, we’re unleashing these snappy updates:
• New: Customize the level of precision for linear and angular dimensions in your 2D drawings. You can find these settings in Drawing preferences.
• Improved: When you export your 2D drawing in DWG/DXF format, the exported file’s layers will be organized and simplified, so there won’t be any overlapping design elements.
• Improved: Sketch with ease, using the touched-up sketching tools and canvas controls.
We also boosted the app performance and did some spring cleaning in the backend:
• Fixed: When you change the design space’s unit of measurement, all measurements of the items in it will be recalculated correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
It's not often we stumble across an app that has the potential to dramatically transform your workflow. But with Shapr3D, there's no need for a desk, a mouse, or a keyboard. With your iPad and Apple Pencil, you can design complex 3D models. The ability to work offline means you'll be able to sketch and design from anywhere.
Stumbled across this application and after reading the description it hinted at a similarity to a highly expensive parametric design software for pc known as Solid Works. That caught my interest because that was a software I fell in love with while in school for mechanical design. So that alone made me download and try the app. I tried the free version which is fully functional when it comes to design but limits certain features and number of designs that can be created. After a few versions of a design which I completed. I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for the monthly full version. So far I am glad I did you gain extra features to not only save your designed without limited number but also adjust colors to make designs look and feel more real to get a better idea of the vision of the product you are considering constructing. This app is intuitive but I have extensive Solid-works and AutoCad exposure and that helped tremendously with designing on this because this program is a slight mixture of both applications and tooling works similar to a blend of each of those two programs. Apple Pencil is a necessity for this because it acts as a mouse/courser and is very precise.
Best 3D design app, Worst subscription options
This is by far one of the best apps I have ever used for 3D modeling. I have been learning with fusion 360 for awhile now and I find this to be so much quicker and easier to use. Using fingers to move and the Apple Pencil to work makes it very easy to move when you want to move and draw when you draw and not have one mixed with the other.
It does have one flaw though, the price. First off, the free version only lets you save 2 designs, but all tutorial and even example designs count as your saved designs, that means if you want to use the free version you have to delete any tutorials or examples. If you actually want to use it you have to get the subscription. Which would be fine, honestly with all the crafted tutorials that do such a great job showing you how to use the app I think it deserves it, but not for the $300 they are asking for. I would happily pay $10 or around that ball park a month for a medium tier, and it surprises me they don’t since the questionnaire you fill in at the beginning asks if you are using it for a hobby or if you never 3D modeled before. If its only geared to professionals and you don’t want hobbiests using it then why even asking they are one? I am not even asking for you to make all the features free like fusion 360 does, just a lower cost for non-profesionals if you really do want hobbiests and non-pros using it as well
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shapr 3D Zartkoruen Mukodo Reszvenytarsasag
- 312 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Shapr3D Zrt.
- In-App Purchases
- Business Subscription $59.99
- Business Subscription $499.99
- Standard Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.